Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   October / November- Noob - Omy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13748)

Omy 01-10-2004 05:21 PM

October / November- Noob - Omy

Will be fun, see if i can get somethin done over the weekand and post it, for a start.

Ok, just thought of this, think its ganna be really great to do, im ganna make a house of mirrors, have a guy lookin in a mirror with no reflection and have Death bhind him with a reflection(i know he isnt supposed to have one but the guy needs to see him so cut me some slack)

Me personally, this would scare me to death*hehe*, ill see if i can model deaths blade today and the house for a start.

mtmckinley 01-10-2004 05:52 PM

neat idea

Maybe have the guys reflection look like a zombie perhaps?

Omy 01-10-2004 06:12 PM

if i have time i might make a zombie, and i have to make the mirrors, and the reflections, dont know how to but ill find a way.

Psuedo Realizm 01-10-2004 10:19 PM

i feel your pain, i dont know how to do have the technical stuff for my idea's... but i guess thats the best part right?

murph 01-10-2004 10:43 PM

nice idea Omy. Hope you have a few BHP under your computers hood for that rendering ;)

Omy 01-10-2004 11:33 PM

if i knew what BHP was, i may be worried, but for a scene its fine.

And im thinkin of just have a room(bed lamp and some misc. stuff) then a mirror with them their, would be easier on me, just seein what u guys think.

Also what does IMO mean, never heard of it b4

Yet another also, any1 can learn to use Maya, but if u dont have an imagination, u wont get far.

Elemenopee 01-10-2004 11:44 PM

imo = in my opinion

murph 02-10-2004 09:59 AM

BHP = brake horse power (processing power)
you said you were going to do a house of mirrors = lots of ray tracin' :)

t3logy 02-10-2004 05:30 PM

:ermm: Old brain cells here - BHP = brake horse power (processing power)? I do not understand the explanation. Please expand.

t39

murph 02-10-2004 06:25 PM

brake horse power is a term derived from "horse power" (the pulling power of a horse)

When a car has 220 horse power it is deemed to have the power of 220 horses.

so i used this ref. instead of CPU power, (I likened the analagy of a fast car to a fast computer) , hence

I hope you have a lot of BHP (brake horse power) under the hood of your computer...

:) (as clear as mud now :) )

laters - Murph

dirack 02-10-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

:) (as clear as mud now :) )
What the hell... Mud?! I don't get it :p

murph 02-10-2004 07:25 PM

Why i autta... ;) :D

dae 02-10-2004 07:48 PM

its great to see so many new noobies, welcome to the challenge Omy, I think you idea is really good, looking forward to seeing it develop.

I am suprised to see that you have not entered Murph or are you going to keep us in suspense and enter at the last moment;)

good luck Omy

Dae:)

murph 02-10-2004 07:55 PM

well i think Omy's a bit of a shark, i like his concept, it's what i would have done, so it's left me a bit stumped...

(my only other idea was Stephen King's "IT" Clown with a Chainsaw but it's a bit over rated...) plus i'm bogged down with my first project!!

But i am really keen to see yours evolve Omy! i'll be rootin' for ya.

Omy 02-10-2004 08:51 PM

lol, eep, so many questions and answers, maybe i shouldnt have asked them, ah well

I've changed it a little bit for the sake of my computer, ive lost a computer for pushin it to far, and right now i have no money to buy another one, so im changing it from mirrors to an old guy in a room, heres 2 things i dont know to do:

1: Have the old man look at death in the face
2: Have his back turned and death kinda in the shadows or bhind him.

Btw, i did his scyth blade, i did a few sketches, i made about 3 different versions and finally just went with the classic ( sad aint it) and im modelin the old guys face right now, also any1 no what happened to correct-proportion, when it will be back up if it goes back up?