Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Two questions :) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285)

vladan 25-09-2002 01:06 PM

Two questions :)

1 Attachment(s)
Question 1
When I create some shader with noise map for color, then decide thad map not good.
Can that map some way export in exp. TIF format for editing in Photo Shop and later use like Image File. :banghead:

Question 2
I whos create Loft object from two lines.
How can close top cap of loft object without using Planar options. :banghead:
See image.

Thanks. :) :)

parvus1202 25-09-2002 01:13 PM

1. If you have Paint Shop Pro, you might export it to JPEG and retouch it there, save it and go back to it as file texture.
2. Put vertices on the sides, then pull them to the other side and weld them.

vladan 25-09-2002 01:20 PM

Thans. :)
I appreciate. :)

vladan 25-09-2002 01:51 PM

I answer but no`t try. :eek:

Second answer I understand but I don`t know how to export noise map in texture. I try in Hypershade Edit>Convert to File Texture but don`t work.
How to export and where map go? :)

Darkon 25-09-2002 03:35 PM

Instead of trying to export the noise map, just create your own in Photoshop using the Cloud filter :)

Darkon

vladan 25-09-2002 04:08 PM

You not understand.
I mention noise for example. (what about Cloth) ? :)
Question is it is posebe.

parvus1202 25-09-2002 06:30 PM

ok ok...

Ok, listen carefully, I mean read carefully. Do you have Photoshop? Noise texture in Maya File cannot be exported to Photoshop. It only helps you to texture effects. You need to make your own textures in Photoshop using it's filters, to make what you like. The usual size is 2x2", to make it seamless. Now, if you like what you did in Photoshop, save it as JPEG, now open your Hypershade , Material Editor, and assign your JPEG file to the node (Phong,etc) and then you can add noise or whatever texture in Maya file, then assign it to your model. If you don't like what you see, repeat again, starting in Photoshop. If you know your tools in Maya where to look for them, I don't have to give you one by one.

BulletProof 25-09-2002 09:38 PM

convert to texture

Ever tried selecting the shader, the object and then convert to file ??

parvus1202 25-09-2002 09:54 PM

Long way

It will be a long way to explain everything. I think you need a book on how to texture. It will tell you anything you need to know. If I explain here, I might as well write a book. It is really long. I am pressuming you already know Maya tools. Ok, I will e plain later when I got my break.

vladan 25-09-2002 09:58 PM

Re: convert to texture

Quote:

Originally posted by BulletProof
Ever tried selecting the shader, the object and then convert to file ??
Yes. But only shader for example blinn1 Edit>Convert to texture File crate new blinn2. There is no path for file or the name of image or ext.
Maybe I do samting wrong.
I now another way but no workflow.
Create plane, assign shader to it, render image and save. :)

mushroomgod 26-09-2002 12:13 AM

convert to file is 100% the right way to do it.. there is no export path because i think it saves the image in one of your folders inside your project folder.. think it may be inside images...cant remember..

but it is there, iv used the convert to texture meny times before..

vladan 26-09-2002 10:47 AM

Thanks people. :)
I found image. :)
With my Maya sometimes don`t go in corresponding sub dir in project.
Procedure wich works:
For example Blinn1 with Checker maps. Select object, Shift+select shader, Edit>Conver to File Texture option. Adjust options for duble side, anti alising..., scroll down and choose File type. Vola :)
This is it. :)
Now I know samting else.

adldesigner 26-09-2002 11:30 AM

Hilarious these language issues ... as if Maya wasn´t difficult enough ;)

BLADE 27-09-2002 12:14 AM

lmao

vladan 27-09-2002 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by adldesigner
Hilarious these language issues ... as if Maya wasn´t difficult enough ;)
:)