Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya perspective view settings (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34761)

Joey81 12-12-2010 03:07 PM

Maya perspective view settings

Hey All!

Anyone knows where to reset the perspective view settings? I ve some problem going on. On the left side where you can switch single perspective view & the four view is the problem. If I use the 4 view nothing changes but if i click to the single perspective view it goes to wireframe mode & shows the grid. Its so annoying. Where can i Reset this single perspective view settings?
I've tried the window/setting pref/edit reset but did not help.

any good idea?

thx

joey

maheshsubbiah 12-12-2010 04:41 PM

Hi Joey,

Is this problem just related with the Left hand side buttons.

I mean does it work right when you use hotbox

Mahesh

Joey81 12-12-2010 04:46 PM

hey!

Do you mean pushing space bar? If I use the space bar side/top/front & perspective view it works normally (the perspective) if I click on the left side it only does it. I think i added something to that shi* button :( i dont know...
Is there a button to Reset everything?
I wont miss the shelf. I can set it like 1minutes again

Joey81 12-12-2010 04:49 PM

I think I've switched something in the panel editor... donno

maheshsubbiah 12-12-2010 05:03 PM

To reset your preferences, you can try deleteing (or just rename, in case you want your prefs back) this folder
My Documents\maya\<version number>

Restart maya to check if it helps.

Mahesh

Joey81 12-12-2010 06:48 PM

wow :D
thx a lot... deleted & now working as it should :D
no more headache :D:D

ctbram 12-12-2010 07:05 PM

Yes It is easy to get Maya's view panels confused. In the future if you do not wish to delete your preferences.

(1) Goto 4-view it's in the toolbar on the left. Then in each panel goto the panel drop down and you will see "perspective" and "orthogonal". In each of the four view panels select the correct view.

(2) If you accidentally messed up one of the four standard views you can go to bookmark > predefined views while in the offending view panel and pick the correct predefined view.

Joey81 12-12-2010 07:15 PM

aha, I see.
just now finished the shelf buttons :)
I m sure i wont touch again the panel features :D:D:D

priyankaupadhyay 21-06-2013 10:46 AM

hey i hav a problem with maya2012! anytime i perform any operation for example creating a cube, d operation is performed but i don view it unless i scroll!! ihav to scroll after each operation tat way! please help!

and i tried deleting the version folder but it appears again it doesnt delete!

NextDesign 21-06-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priyankaupadhyay (Post 349266)
hey i hav a problem with maya2012! anytime i perform any operation for example creating a cube, d operation is performed but i don view it unless i scroll!! ihav to scroll after each operation tat way! please help!

and i tried deleting the version folder but it appears again it doesnt delete!

It's your video card. Try updating the drivers. If that doesn't work, your card is probably incompatible.

Achal 28-12-2014 05:37 PM

please help i am used to maya 2014 and view panel four view not properly working:help::help:

PixalZA 28-12-2014 06:33 PM

Can you give a little bit more information? Maybe a screenshot?