Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Alhambra (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11661)

Sil-Valeor 01-05-2004 04:25 PM

Alhambra

1 Attachment(s)
this is a temple like scene I'm working on. The modelling is close to finished, but I will have some problem with water fountain. I would like to make a water as realistic as possible. I don't have picture to describe you exactly what kind of water I would like to get, but you all know how does true water (from fountain) looks like. I could perhabs use particles to simulate water coming out from pipe, but how to do the water that just lies around? The effect I would like to get is similar to "shader 5" on this site:

link

And this will be a short movies, so it will be verry important how will water looks like.
I'll make you a picture showing where will be water, so you'll maybe understand better my prob.

so, any tips on this one?

Sil-Valeor 01-05-2004 04:26 PM

ups, I forgot about the file size. I'll repair that in a couple of minutes.

Emo 01-05-2004 04:34 PM

Re: Alhambra

Quote:

Originally posted by Sil-Valeor
I could perhabs use particles to simulate water coming out from pipe, but how to do the water that just lies around?
Well of course the easiest way to do this is with Fluid effects.. but if you dont have them, why not do what you mentioned above and then for the "laying around" part of the water, put some gravity to them and make the live forever....

-Emo

Sil-Valeor 01-05-2004 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic 2:

Sil-Valeor 01-05-2004 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
@emo:
It's not problem that would have fluids, it's problem that haven't worked with them yet. So I don't really have an idea how to make it with fluids. The blue color represents where water should be. If I make the part of the water that is coming from the fountain (one from pipe and some from lions) with particles, I have kinda idea how to get the "shape" of the particles, but how to make a shader for theme, asuming I will use clouds or bloby type?
So, if you have a time, could you please explain more how make it with fluids? Tnx for helping!:)

and pic 3:

dragonsfire 01-05-2004 06:07 PM

Veru Nice Scene !!:)

Sil-Valeor 01-05-2004 06:13 PM

Tnx man!

dragonsfire 01-05-2004 08:20 PM

How about some stone benches?

For the fluids, the easist would be to use blobbys shoot out the fountain then let gravity do the rest. Emitter with a small spread . To save some crunching you could do a softbody in the chanels witha water texture and put a tubulence dynamic on it.

cb8rwh 01-05-2004 08:33 PM

have you tried looking on highend3d - maya - shaders - I am sure there will be a water type shader there

Sil-Valeor 01-05-2004 09:28 PM

tnx, I'll see what can I do with fluids. First question is, how do you work with it? I mean, if I would like to make a water is certain shape, how do I apply fluids to this shape? And do you then apply just an ordinarry shader to this fluids? Excuse me, I'm justa noob when it comes to fluids, and I think I should really try to learn it.

MainlineX 01-05-2004 11:45 PM

Looking great!!! Keep it up!

dragonsfire 02-05-2004 12:02 AM

Shape?

Sil-Valeor 02-05-2004 08:40 AM

never minds, I kinda hardly explain what I want. I'll be experimenting, and post some progress pictures, and then if needed people might help me.
Tnx for comments!

dragonsfire 03-05-2004 03:58 PM

If you want a solid flow, you can creat a softbody with a directional turbulance and then animate the texture.

Sil-Valeor 04-05-2004 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some wip pics. Not really finished with water, but I close to it now. It won't be tht much realistic, but I'm a noob when it comes to particles, so I guess I'm almost setisfied with water. NOw comes the hardest part:texturing.