Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya Batch Render---Rendering document files instead of images!?!? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32449)

greenbeaner 17-05-2009 04:42 PM

Maya Batch Render---Rendering document files instead of images!?!?

Ok so I have a 360 frame walk cycle animation setup to render from a camera in maya...I've selected the start/end frames in my render globals, and I've tried doing a batch render of both jpeg and png and aside from maya crashing every couple hours, it IS in fact rendering out files. HOWEVER these files despite my render global specifications, are rendering out in blank document files...I click on them and OSX previews them and I can see my rendered image but it won't recommend any application to open them with, photoshop doesn't recognize them, nor does final cut pro. Someone PPLLLLEEEASE help me!!!

elephantinc 17-05-2009 04:46 PM

you could try just changing the extension to what ever its supposed to be
or if you have loads, in fcheck go to save as movie/sequence (depending what you want), and see if that works

Chirone 17-05-2009 09:15 PM

yeah, like elephantinc said, you probably are rendering them without a file extension (do you view stuff in finder with that showing?)
however, i don't know how to change the file name of multiple files using Terminal (or command line for that matter) so unless you know a way render it all out again

in your render globals what's the file name you're rendering out to?

it should look something like this:

images/Master Layer/myImage0001.png

where images/Master Layer/ is the directory that you're pictures will end up in and myImage0001.png is the same of the file it's outputting

also you can check the progress of the batch render by opening up the script editor, when it seems like it's crashed it might actually still be doing stuff

Emilya 18-05-2009 07:18 PM

hello,
or if you have loads, in fcheck go to save as movie/sequence (depending what you want), and see if that works

arran 18-05-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Emilya
hello,

emilya - er... am i missing something here?? - you just copied and pasted what elephantic said.... !

Gen 18-05-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by arran
emilya - er... am i missing something here?? - you just copied and pasted what elephantic said.... !
I already pmed Mike about it, all that user's posts have been too bot like.

elephantinc 18-05-2009 08:32 PM

yeah, ive been looking at the posts and i think its a bot definitely (or a spammer with a really strange sense of humor)