Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   July/Aug - Norm - Kiveun (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22191)

kiveun 03-07-2006 07:43 AM

July/Aug - Norm - Kiveun

Hi all !!!

I spend my week end away from my computer and I'm very happy to see so much people who participate to this contest.

Combomaker choose for me "ill camera".

I hope to find a concept today.

Good luck everyone:beer:

kiveun 04-07-2006 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I make a really REALLY quick concept. It's a photo-montage ( I think you call it the same way than in french because I heard it in a White Stripes song)
So, the scene take place in an hospital room where we can see a camera in a very bad condition and a nice nurse (:p ) who is there to give him a new battery. I put the picture concept but I think I'll do it a very different way, it's just to give you what I have in my mind.
Hope you like it
P.S : I used "The Gimp", first time, because Photoshop slow down this comp. I don't know why 'cause Maya runs well. This is why this pic is so crappy.

t1ck135 04-07-2006 09:16 AM

hehe, I like your idea lots kiveun :)
you can do some inorganic and organic modelling all in one
how about a thermometer popping out of the camera lens? ;)

kiveun 04-07-2006 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the suggestion t1ck135. Maybe I will put a thermometer in the lens. It's a good idea. ;)
Yep, inorganic and organic challenge :D I like it. It's a big one but the first goal of this contest is to learn.

Today, I start the front of the camera. Still in progress ...

P.S : I don't know if I can tell the digital camera model I try to reproduce :ninja:

arran 05-07-2006 01:52 PM

ha ha - great idea Kiveun - I love that concept sketch - this should be a fun project.

kiveun 05-07-2006 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't have much time today.
I just make some furnitures for the hospital room.
Here is the reference I take :
Hospital room
Here is the first result ...

t1ck135 05-07-2006 09:48 PM

I like it :) nice render too, what do you do to get it looking like that kiveun?

kiveun 06-07-2006 07:08 AM

I'm really bad in rendering things. So I try Maxwell Render. The only thing you have to tell is how long the render will take ... and put the sun in the right direction. But I think with Global Illumination in Mental ray you can get the same result. The bad thing is that Maxwell take a lot of time to render a single picture. This one took 30 minutes and I use another software to put off the noise. Maxwell render have grainy result if you don't let it enough time.

But for the final pic, I will try to use Maya to learn how to render nice indoor shot. ;)

P.S : "global illumination mental ray" and you will find nice tutorials on google. I'll take a look later on them.

kiveun 07-07-2006 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all !
This is how far I am with the room ...
Hope you like it ;)

mtmckinley 07-07-2006 01:30 PM

Nice set up! Almost looks like a hotel room as opposed to a hospital room or something, haha :)

kiveun 07-07-2006 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Mike ! :beer:

I think the hospital bed will make the difference. :)

My reference is from a new university hospital in Birmingham, Alabama.

The New University Hospital

and here the pic I use :