Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Harrier animation (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4247)

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 04:07 PM

Harrier animation

1 Attachment(s)
Well.. I have worked on this for about an hour. I think I might be using the model for my animation but, still haven't decided yet. I did not model the Jet a friend of mine gave it to me to use, I think he got it from a cd. However, I did do all of the textures, the Color, spec and bump map. What do you think?? Think the model is ok? did I make it to dirty?? Thanks,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 04:08 PM

BTW sorry about the crappy composite, and lighting, just put it together because I thought that it looked more interesting then just a black background. thanks,
Brian

M 28-02-2003 04:14 PM

Wow, 1 hour? Awesome brian. One thing though, i think theres a bit too much dirt on the back middle of the wings, right before it branches off to the back of the plane.. do you know what i mean? Just doesnt look right, almost like a blotch of dirt. Depends though, anyways, really nice. BTW.. the squiggly lines on the cockpit door, well they kinda are throwin me off... i dont know though, its not like i study planes all day :P.. i just fly in them.

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 04:26 PM

Well. I didn't create the model. Just the textures. Think an hour isn't to bad for textures? cool. As far as those lines on the Cockpit, those are actually on the real thing. Not sure what its for, but its there. lol. THis model is insanely detailed. Seems to be accurate as well. I woudn't have any problem fixing the texture issue that you are talking about, but could you point it out better, maybe circle it in Microsoft paint? I would really appreciate it. THanks for your response!
Brian

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is what it looks like before post in Photoshop.

M 28-02-2003 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, alright.. see.. im not too sure, just its the one thing that i looked at and just thought, it just doesnt look right. But im not sure :P. Heres an attatched image :). If you want to keep that dirtyness there, then i think you should continue it a bit on the tail :P.. just kinda stops. So yea, just IMHO.

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 05:12 PM

sweet! Thanks for pointing that out, didn't even notice. Its an easy fix. thanks alot!
Brian Ellebracht

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another composite, I think this turned out much better!
Brian

This is the original Picture....

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my edit!

Hidalgo 28-02-2003 07:39 PM

That looks great! The textures are awesome! Only an hour?

I'll get there someday....Looking good, Brian.

undseth 28-02-2003 09:04 PM

Please tell me how you textured your harrier! :)

Inspiring work Brian!

brian_ellebracht 28-02-2003 09:08 PM

Thanks for the replies! the texture really wasn't very hard. Same way I did it for the jeep... ; ) I might post a tutorial in a bit, doesn't look like much when your done with the texture, but when you render it looks pretty good. Can't wait to get the video footage so I can animate it!
Brian

Back working on my jeep right now. :) you should check it out.

M 01-03-2003 12:23 AM

Brian, yea like undesth said.. 1 hour, holy cow. The only thing i was wondering though, is do you unwrap uv's as well? Or what? It truly puzzles me how you do that :D. Alright, cya.

ragecgi 01-03-2003 08:58 AM

Simply Amazing ..... .com :)

brian_ellebracht 01-03-2003 05:32 PM

Hello. Well, I don't do any unwrapping of merging of Uv's. I try to avoid that at all cost! I know how to do that but its really not fun. Instead I just create planer Maps and Line then up by eye. Its alot easier than it sounds and works really fast. I only have two Texure maps for the entire jet, and they are both really really simple. I will upload a smaller version of it later on in the weekend so that you can take a look. Now I am off to go take my video footage for the harrier!!! ( and I am going to go rent True Lies, Behind Enemy Lines, and Independence day!) Thanks for your help,
Brian