Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Tank (T72 M1) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4409)

bettery_wn 06-03-2003 04:35 PM

Tank (T72 M1)

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my tank. But it looks like a toy more than a real one. I have tried some textures to improve it, but failed every time. In fact, I am not good at texture and lighting. :( What do u guys think of it? Any suggestion? Thanks.

d24e 06-03-2003 05:31 PM

I'd change the backgroundcolor to something more green or brown (armycolours), change the blue colors of the tank to camouflage (wood, desert, grey) and add some dirt to it.

as for the model, very good:beer:
one remark though, the upper part (that can turn the barrel) seems a bit too tight on the body. Ofcourse this is just what I think, don't have your reference materical.

PureHate 06-03-2003 08:17 PM

thats pretty kool nice job man

Hidalgo 06-03-2003 09:35 PM

Looking good.

It looks like one the tanks from my son's computer game: Army Men: Real Time Strategy.

MKess007 07-03-2003 04:23 AM

Try a lower camera angle with a ground plane made of a dirt texture. Try a nice composted background.

That should give it a more large look.

M 07-03-2003 05:03 AM

awesome model! Just... its waay to clean! Also, it has no dents, and perfect lighting.. if you made a quick scene of this thing driving through a field, with very low lighting (clouds above).. then added some dirt and dents.. you would be laughin! Great stuff :D.

bettery_wn 07-03-2003 06:03 AM

Thanks for the replies!
I will improve it with GI lighting and some dirt materials in a few days. And also put it in a field.
In fact, I have made some animations before. It looks only ok in a small resolution but not in a large one. Thanks.

M 07-03-2003 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
bettery, if you put it in a field.. personally i think if you blind it out with GI lighting, you may get a even more toyish look. I think you should still just try to lower the brightness :)... one sec i wanna try something with your image. Well, im no lighting master, this was supposed to be the tank going under something, and you just see the light from the sky.. maybe a cloud just parted or something from a war :D. So yea, darkness can make objects look more real :).

brian_ellebracht 07-03-2003 06:33 AM

If you want, send me the model in a Pm and I can retexture it for you. The model is great, I think some really nice dirty textures could really make it look impressive. if you are interested, take a look at my link for the JP Jeep. If you like my work, just send me the file, and I can have the new textures in a few days to a week, as long as you give me credit for my work, I don't mind. THanks!! Looks very nice!
Brian

bettery_wn 07-03-2003 03:55 PM

Im working on my texture now. I think it is a real challenge for me.

M, I'll change the hue as u suggested. But u have to be patient before I can make the great scene according to ur great idea.

Brian, thanks for ur help. I have visited ur website. Ur Jeep is incredibly real. It is awesome. I wonder how can u do the great job. I think u can give me some suggestions with ur experience.
BTW: The file of my tank is more than 10M, how can I send it to u? And what do "Pm" mean?
Thanks.

M 07-03-2003 04:00 PM

bettery, first off.. theres no time limit so take your time :D. Second, theres many ways of sending a 10 mb file, to a 100 mb file. You could do it over MIRC, or if brian has a big e-mail box, you could just e-mail it to him (but that probably wouldnt be the best method). Also, a PM is a Private message. Below someones post it says stuff like, (Profile, pm, email, www, search, buddy etc.) Now just click on the pm, put a subject and then your message and only the person who you sent it to can see it :D.

bettery_wn 07-03-2003 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some old test movies of the tank.

bettery_wn 07-03-2003 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next

bettery_wn 07-03-2003 04:13 PM

Mr. M, u are so nice. :) Thanks for the reply.

bettery_wn 07-03-2003 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the update. But still not the feeling. Please let me know if u have some suggestion. Thanks.