Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Your computer Background (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33346)

Joopson 24-11-2009 04:32 AM

Your computer Background

1 Attachment(s)
Just wondering what everyone has as there background. I loved when we used to have a thread like this.

This is mine: (scaled down, of course)
(Yes, it is french, and means: "You're a girl and I'm a Boy" (It's a quote from a song))

tweetytunes 24-11-2009 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have two screens - so mine`s alittle funny.

The car on the right is the best image I have ever seen of a car in 3d, and the girl is just plain cool

3ddon 24-11-2009 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is mine.........he he he

murambi 24-11-2009 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my oh my .......... 3ddon you get into alot of trouble

heres mine

Some Guy 24-11-2009 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. I thought of making it a gradient but the change of shade was too much to bare.

stwert 24-11-2009 05:48 PM

Hey tweety, I've been trying to figure out how to use two different backgrounds on my two monitors. Is that a 3rd party thing, or am I missing something obvious? Using Win 7 btw, if that matters.

Perfecto 24-11-2009 06:18 PM

I can't really post a screenshot of mine but I will say that I always use a render of the project I'm currently working on. Seeing it all the time (even when I'm not working on it) makes it easier the next time I do work on it because I'll already have in my mind how I'm going to do the next steps. Plus it helps me see things I want to add or change that I might not have seen otherwise.

ColdWave 24-11-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Perfecto
I can't really post a screenshot of mine but I will say that I always use a render of the project I'm currently working on. Seeing it all the time (even when I'm not working on it) makes it easier the next time I do work on it because I'll already have in my mind how I'm going to do the next steps. Plus it helps me see things I want to add or change that I might not have seen otherwise.
Perfect idea... :beer: Thanks for the share

honestdom 24-11-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by stwert
Hey tweety, I've been trying to figure out how to use two different backgrounds on my two monitors. Is that a 3rd party thing, or am I missing something obvious? Using Win 7 btw, if that matters.
I have complete confidence this will not work but....

wmsetbg -b "black" -a -S -w 0 image.jpg

i have jellyfish on my desktop.

Gen 24-11-2009 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol wow 3ddon what is happening there? :x

I had to re-post mine, the image was kinda wide.

Dango77 24-11-2009 08:22 PM

I go with the same thing as Perfecto, both my Pc's have recent projects on them. My Smiler is grinning at me on one and my Spaceship entry from one of the SM challenges on the other. Not going to see my work on many other screens otherwise! lol

3ddon 24-11-2009 10:12 PM

nice idea perfecto........
but in my case,I'll apply my recent finished work as a wallpaper,then my room mates,friends will comment on it,if really that scene/graphic design/cartoon needs more work,I'll do that and In next work I'll put those comments in my mind.........

Ozgalis 24-11-2009 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the idea of using a scene as a background...but i think im gonna stick with the abstract backgrounds

Gen 25-11-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ozgalis
I like the idea of using a scene as a background...but i think im gonna stick with the abstract backgrounds
psychedelic :p

3ddon 25-11-2009 12:40 AM

psychedelic means........?