Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   // Error: Object not found: dynPaintScriptedPanel // (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3376)

Aphex 21-01-2003 01:55 PM

// Error: Object not found: dynPaintScriptedPanel //

Help!
I was making a tree anim last night and was using the paint effects panel fine, then i saved to goto bed.

Next day i load my file and it won't let me use the paint effects panel although the tree is still there as i left it, if i try opening the panel via the menu it wont paint anything, and if i try to force a render it gives me a fatal error????

I select my 'simpleline' (tree) press the 8 key and wallop it gives me this-

Also i only have 1 tree a few branches and leaves but its lagging to hell, this cant be right surely?

Any thoughts?

------------------------------------
o/s Windows 2000 professional
VIA motherboard (latest 4in1 adapters) installed
pIII gig
256 ram
geforce2 3d prophet gts 32mb

3djoe 21-01-2003 02:13 PM

Did you try deleting userprefs.mel in you maya directory. Try that it may work.

Aphex 21-01-2003 10:12 PM

That sounds good Joe, i've also been getting errors when i open up other files, it comes up in the 'output screen' when i load maya from double clicking a file, it says something about some value baing too low, then when i look at maya, the bottom status bar says user prefs saved in userprefs.mel, so you could be on to a winner there, i'll go and try it now, to be on the safe side i'll remove the file to my d-top an see what happens..........

Aphex 21-01-2003 10:43 PM

Damn :( it didn't work, i just don't get it??

but like i said it did work the first time i used it, then the next time i just get that error message.

I even tried starting a fresh project from scratch, followed the tutorial just like the first time, but it still won't work :confused:

Some file must be corrupt or something, its chuffed me right off :( making trees was fun

3djoe 21-01-2003 10:46 PM

copy all of ther prefs in your maya dir. then delets them all. and restart Maya it may work.

Aphex 21-01-2003 11:04 PM

The only other prefs in there were the 'window prefs' but deleting them didnt work either?
--------------------------------

The other files in there are-- userRunTimeCommands.mel, userColors.mel, userHotkeys.mel, userNamedCommands.mel
(i opened them with notepad and mostly appear empty)

Should i delete these too? :eek:

3djoe 21-01-2003 11:14 PM

Yes delete all of them just remember to make a copy just in case.:cool:

Aphex 21-01-2003 11:40 PM

nope, still the same, it must be sumthin in one of these *.mel files in the paint effects folder----

heres the error-- // Error: Object not found: dynPaintScriptedPanel //

Heres the files i found--- dynPaintEditorMenu.mel (2kb), dynPaintMenus.mel (50kb), dynPaintPanel.mel (9kb), dynPaintSwapPanelPress.mel (2kb), dynPaintToolbar.mel (24kb)

I've noticed all these .mel files are programmable, but i'm no programmer :(

The only thing i can think that may of happened is when i saved my file the first time, i did so with the painteffects panel open with a rendered tree in it, has this caused a bugged overwrite of one of these files maybe, are there any buggy issues concerning the paint panel maybe?

I'm running maya 4.0