Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   disappearing manipulator tool? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28456)

nonetaken 10-12-2007 01:21 PM

disappearing manipulator tool?

Anyone else else having this bug in Maya 8.5 of the manipulator tool disappearing or not showing up? I usally have to go to a 4 view, find a persp view that has the manipoulator tool, and then make it my window. It happens a lot, and it's a very annoying bug. Thanks.

Mayaniac 10-12-2007 01:30 PM

Hmm, I've never had this problem before.

When it disappears, just hit 'W' on your keyboard to bring it back.

You say can only see it in your Perspective view? Are you sure your not talking about the Compass?

Sounds odd!

nonetaken 10-12-2007 03:19 PM

Thanks. It's definately a bug tho, it's not just a matter of selecting the manipulator tool. I could have a 2 or 4 window view with the exact same object selected, 3 will have the manipulator tool visible but one will not.

Or else I'll be working in a window, everything will be fine then all the sudden I won't be able to see the manipulator tool. I haven't had this problem before Maya 8.5.

Mayaniac 10-12-2007 04:37 PM

Hmm, that is very strange, and I haven't heard anyone else mention this Bug before.

You should consider posting at Autodesk, and let them know your problems. Maybe they know of a cure.

Other than that maybe something went wrong during installation. Perhaps try Reinstalling Maya.

This is a very weird Bug! And i can see how annoying that could be :confused: Sorry to see you've been inflicted by it!

gster123 10-12-2007 09:58 PM

Its not a bug its your graphics card, its either not up to the job or you need to reinstall the drivers.

tenniswheels 11-12-2007 03:16 AM

I have experienced the same type of problem.

If your Caps Lock on your key board is inadvertently pressed
or turned on, this changes your mode of operationand turns off your manipulator visibility.

Ergo, Turn off Caps Lock

semeon 11-12-2007 03:35 AM

disappearing manipulator

hi gys
i experience the same prob as well and this is with maya 8.5 i can only c my manipulators in the persp view only :headbang: i cannt use in any other view. i tend to agree with gster123 it could be Graphic card prob. tenniswheels do u happen to be using vista?

tenniswheels 11-12-2007 10:18 AM

Not using vista (too many problems)

Did the caps lock suggestion work?

SJCarlson22 11-12-2007 12:40 PM

This has happened to me a few times, also (I'm using 8.5, too). When it does, I usually just go to object mode and press W and it comes back.

Kratch 13-12-2007 07:12 AM

You may need to export out your scene, create a new scene, then import the newly exported scene. This sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.