Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The Fisherman (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30677)

tadpole3159 12-08-2008 10:38 PM

The Fisherman

1 Attachment(s)
this is my next big 3d project, its going to be the centre piece for my demo reel so it has to be good
Concept:
my dad and my brother have booked this week off from work and they are really into fishing, they went on Wednesday and if you are from the Midlands you would have known how bad the weather was that day. they came back soaked to the skin, there fishing box was full of water, there bait was all wet and crawled away,his clothes were all long and droopy, hoods hanging over there faces...it was nasty. but they were still happy and talking about the catch.
this is what I'm going to make, an old boy sitting in a down pour getting drenched, bait crawling away, his hot cup of coffee is overflowing because of the rain, his spare floats and hooks are drifting away and his clothes are all long and soaked but he still has a huge grin on his face because hes doing what he loves.
this is his face, modelled in maya detailed in mudbox, its only the basic shape right now though, gonna add the detail now

p.s i know he hasn't got ears, he will have his hood up and it droops down covering most of his face

Gen 13-08-2008 12:19 AM

Where are his ears??!! Lol just kidding, I did read the entire thing. Good start.

Chirone 13-08-2008 03:33 AM

sounds like a really interesting scene you'll be painting

i'd like to see how this turns out :beer:

tadpole3159 13-08-2008 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
cheers guys for the nice coments :attn:
tada complete with hood, gonna make the coat next. before i can do that i have to pose this pre made character to get the basic shape. fun fun fun :)

Chirone 13-08-2008 05:50 PM

how'd you make the hood?

tadpole3159 13-08-2008 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here we go
after i made the lowpoly hood (details below) i uv unwrapped it and took it into mudbox to get the plastic water proof look, easy :)

tadpole3159 14-08-2008 01:19 AM

here we go he has a coat :)
its detailed but not too detailed as i want to position him and re sculpt the folds and stuff, but for now its cool
btw its my 19th birthday tomorrow so now updates tomorrow :cool:

tadpole3159 14-08-2008 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
forgot image :blush:

Chirone 14-08-2008 01:20 AM

happy birthday for tomorrow then!:beer:

thte picture looks so happy... for the scene you painted i would think he isnt so happy... :p

marlonjohn 14-08-2008 01:42 AM

sounds like a big project, i will be watching ... nice start so far!

also happy birthday, hope all goes well

tadpole3159 14-08-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chirone
happy birthday for tomorrow then!:beer:

thte picture looks so happy... for the scene you painted i would think he isnt so happy... :p

this is what I'm going to make, an old boy sitting in a down pour getting drenched, bait crawling away, his hot cup of coffee is overflowing because of the rain, his spare floats and hooks are drifting away and his clothes are all long and soaked but he still has a huge grin on his face because hes doing what he loves.but he still has a huge grin on his face because hes doing what he loves.

see its in the first post, hes happy cause hes doing what he loves

Chirone 14-08-2008 01:54 PM

woops, my bad, i forgot about that part... :headbang:

Mayaniac 14-08-2008 06:42 PM

Wow, thats a very cool project.

Modeling so far looks great.

I will be keeping my eye on this, I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out.

:beer:

tadpole3159 15-08-2008 01:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
5 reply's and no pictures, best fix that :P
i know its my birthday but when you get computer parts like a 22" monitor and the best speaker system ever you cant help but model.
done the trousers.
next fishing gloves and boots, then some colour :)

Chirone 15-08-2008 11:55 AM

looks good!

i have a 22" too...
wish it was a 24" though... well... two 24" monitors