Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Work Area/Bedroom (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33883)

Dango77 15-03-2010 07:07 PM

Work Area/Bedroom

1 Attachment(s)
As I'm working on 4 different projects at the moment, and only one of them is a personal one, I thought I'd add another one to do, on and off when I need a break from the work stuff.

So after being inspired by several other people who have done the same, I've decided to model my bedroom, the general area I work in. Not done much so far, just my desk and a couple of chests of drawers, hopefully soon I'll get onto the more intricate fun stuff.

Dango77 16-03-2010 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Little bit more done.
It's taking a while as I'm modelling everything to scale, so measuring things is making it take a little longer. That and playing a bit of Xbox too...lol.

Rhetoric Camel 16-03-2010 01:37 AM

looking cool. I like that you're actually measuring and doing this to proper scale. I need to start doing that when modeling life objects.

Can't wait to see more.

jsprogg 16-03-2010 03:28 AM

Oh very dangerous ......... i started modeling my office and ended up making the whole house ..lol

a good start there Dango , i'll keep a eye on your progress ..hehe

Dango77 16-03-2010 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks RC, and Jsprogg,

RC: Cheers man, hadn't tried doing the whole measuring thing before, but figured it'd be the best way to make sure everything looks right in the end.

Jsprogg: Haha, I had already wondered if that'll happen, but as two of the rooms in my house are occupied by other people thankfully I won't really have the chance to!

Thanks for the kind words both of you!

Haven't done too much more this morning, but got the window frame in, it was quite a mission to make all the different levels, and grooves etc, and get them all the right sizes, but got there in the end!

daverave 16-03-2010 12:45 PM

Hi Dango77
Looking nice and clean, got any wire shot.............dave

Dango77 16-03-2010 01:23 PM

Thanks Dave,

Will post some wires once there's a few more objects in there, there's an absolute ton of crap in my room and it's not very big so will have to do a few to fit it all in. lol

Dango77 18-03-2010 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished modelling one of my monitors, I have two of these, so thankfully this one can just be duplicated, but the third is different so will have to model that one from scratch.

Dango77 18-03-2010 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pc's added, still some minor details to add to those and the monitors, but pretty much done with them.
Going to do the Keyboards and mice next, thankfully both of each are exactly the same again, so only need to duplicate them the same as I did with the monitors.
Makes me glad I didn't go for two different Pc setups! lol

daverave 18-03-2010 02:36 PM

Now your just showing off, two pcs...........LOL dave

Dango77 18-03-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by daverave
Now your just showing off, two pcs...........LOL dave
Haha, if I were showing off Dave, I'd be bragging about the specs....lol! I've actually got 4 Pc's, one's very old and crappy, the other is being upgraded!
Just modellin' it how it is.....

Mayaniac 18-03-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dango77

Just modellin' it how it is.....

lmao...

Nice work man.

Dango77 21-03-2010 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheers Steve!

Not done too much more to this as it's the weekend and that means a lot less Maya time for me. But managed to get my keyboard done. Was probably the most difficult thing to work out measurements wise but got it sussed in the end.

Here's an AO render of all the Pc bits I've modelled so far (not in scene though) just the mouse to go and some cables etc.

ctbram 21-03-2010 01:38 AM

Looking good Dang. Nice hard surface work.

I don't dare do my room. It's a sty! ;)

Mayaniac 21-03-2010 06:40 AM

Looks nice. The AO render works well.

... external Hard-drive?