Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Battle Arena (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Battle Requests & challenges (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4543)

tariqrf 05-04-2003 04:12 PM

agreed,, my conn is out right now.. i will be a little late on the W.I.P.. no probs?? yeah.. i can do the head too.. but 1 month?? phew thats a lot of time kev, yeah.. and btw, i will be using the same reference pic as i did last one (4 months ago), its from a tutorial, but i wont be following the tutorial method, (i think you know it, the modelling with cylinders tutorial.. i dont know the website, but i have the ref pics on my backup hdd,, so will be using that. no probs right??, and again, i will be using my own method, not the tutorial's method), hope you wont mind the late updates,,, but i wont be able to come on the internet as i was able to b4... anyway,,

waiting for your reply K,, :D,

your sm M8, T

M 24-04-2003 06:21 AM

Nem and GC.. thanks for having a request.. i think though that either people do not want to challenge you on that subject, or no one is visiting this thread :P.. maybe we should unstick it so people can see when theres a new post by the position of the thread. Also, for you tariqrf.. the reason it was a 1 month competition is that kevin is just up to his heels in work.... oh.. (up to his head in work ;)). Good luck on that though :).

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 12:33 PM

Battle Request:

If anybody wants to work on a 1 week challenge with me starting at the earliest next week, please let me know. :) I think it would be really fun. :) I am up for a challenge!
Brian E

Kevin 24-04-2003 12:39 PM

any particular topic brian?

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 01:12 PM

I am pretty open minded about this, However I would really like it to be something mechanical, or it could be modeled off of something in a movie, like, back to the future delorian, explorers, tilt a wheel. ect... But I think if it was based off something in a movie, that both people should be modelin the same thing. :) if whoever is wanting to challenge wants it to be more than a week depending on the complexity of the competition, than that is perfectly fine with me. :)
Brian

M 24-04-2003 03:33 PM

Heh, yea i will battle you brian... NOT. Lol, j/k.. It would count as an auto death.. but it would still be fun :). Im actually just in a tournament right now and have a lot of other stuff but if no one takes up this request and if vectorman wins then sure thing, i will battle ya :). If you want more of a challenge though, then im the wrong guy.

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 03:51 PM

lol M ur funny. Its just for fun. I am doing it for motivation more than ne thing else. Anyways, your stuff is getting better everyday! Your 5th element Gun turned out great! I would take a shot at anyone who wants to try :)

Brian

M 24-04-2003 04:01 PM

Thanks brian, means a lot :D. Give me a while, until this tournament is over.. then i will have you a battle :), if no one else has taken up your challenge :).

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 04:20 PM

Sounds good M, so if anyone wants to do a quick challenge with me B4 I challenge M, please let me know! :)

twisteddragon33 26-04-2003 05:04 AM

i can try but im still a novice. You can choose the object, b ut try not to get TOO complex. I dont mind losing... just sinse my last battles ive started and stopped about 32 projects because no inspiration. Hopefully this will give me some. and i like mechanical objects.

So.. you choose and see if we agree?

Pony 26-04-2003 05:11 AM

brian I would love to do some battles with you. I'v got to much going with the challenge and tournament at the moment. But you would be someone I would have to push my self farther and faster with !! Maybe after the challenge.

twisteddragon33 26-04-2003 05:59 AM

.... maybe i should find someone a little more.... um... worse.

Pony 26-04-2003 06:37 AM

twisted hay thats how you get better thogh!. set your sights high and thin trot up the mountan !! at least you will learn a lot!

brian_ellebracht 26-04-2003 11:08 PM

Umm.. It will be fun guys, anyone? I thought of an idea. How about a photorealistic Flower?? Think that the modeling would not be to hard, but the textures might. I don't know. Let me know what you think! Thanks guys,
Brian

if not a flower, how about a kitchen appliance? lol
I am just in the mood try try something realistic, but not to difficult, maybe even a soda Bottlecap, like a 20 oz...

Pony 27-04-2003 09:28 AM

Brian I'm all for the photoreal idea.. I like the ideas you had of what to do..

I'v got a majer ! headach from UV maping lusifer right now.. so will talk about it more when I recover !