Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Oct/Nov - Normal - Laurie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13829)

LauriePriest 05-10-2004 11:38 AM

Oct/Nov - Normal - Laurie

Oke first comp in ages-

jungle horror....

I'm going to aim to get the majority of the moddeling and rigging (minus skinning) done in one week after ive finished concept. That way i can spend more time on developing the atmosphere of the scene which is probably the most essential aspect for this kind of project, gona try and use the new 6.0 features that i havnt tried out yet as well as alot of normal mapping... really need to get a project going :D.

Good luck to all concept will be posted soon !

LauriePriest 06-10-2004 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lo lo guys, concept on its way which should explain all but the good'ol scanners on the flick so nothing atm

This was done in about 2 hours, im not too familiar with skull anatomy so its been a bit of a bummer..... and no im not just doing a skeleton :P.... more to come:

LauriePriest 06-10-2004 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

LauriePriest 06-10-2004 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and wireframe, anyone whos moddeled a skull got any suggestions from experience :rolleyes: ?:bandit:
and btw ignore eye soccet geom i know it sucks :D

luke 06-10-2004 08:42 PM

damn! how do you make those clean wires?
my meshes just look like a pile of verts and police !!

looking good !!

LauriePriest 06-10-2004 08:45 PM

hehe thanks, though its taking longer than i thougth it would.. having trouble with crap quality references on the net... need more than front / side view damn it :(... i had a skull but i leant it to a friend and it never came back :( .

Clean mesh= logic + practice

Pony 06-10-2004 10:53 PM

Looks pritty cool so far. You might try looking up Grays Anatamy on the web, can find a lot of very usefull ref for bone in there.

LauriePriest 06-10-2004 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks pony :D, ill take a peek and modify what ive done, ive compleated the majority of the skull except bits im not sure about, im more concerned about the overall form than the accuracy of the skull so im not too fussed, just need ref on the neck-> head join:
update:

LauriePriest 06-10-2004 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wire

surfermcd 06-10-2004 11:36 PM

Mmm looking good Geezah! You model quite fast too and as someone else pointed out! Very clean model. Very nice

LauriePriest 07-10-2004 06:42 PM

just montaged a LOAD of stuff to get this... its blurry but it will give an idea of waht im going for... a creepy kina figure.. will be fully animatable and if all goes well ill released it as a freebie + documentation :D

LauriePriest 07-10-2004 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

AlphaFlyte 16-10-2004 05:39 PM

C'mon Laurie more updates :) Looking gooood.

Jack Of Spades 17-10-2004 01:10 AM

Laurie - your reference i believe is not human. You should make the forehead higher + the side bones from under the eye sockets are too much out. Bring them in. Grays anatomy will also help.
My skeleton project (this may noob challenge) is here.

Connecting the neck - the top 2 vertebrae have special form, kinda complicated. Look up in Grays anatomy(that's where I got mine).

LauriePriest 18-10-2004 08:39 AM

Quote:

your reference i believe is not human
:) ... that was the idea.... the reference was made from sections of a horse.. if i moddeled somthing that looked purely human rather than somthing slightly human it wouldnt be as scary :D