Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   May Challenge - Snich - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5546)

Snich 01-05-2003 02:21 PM

May Challenge - Snich - Noobie

I'm in. I guess I'm the 1st one in eh? I was going to try this next anyways, so what the heck!? I'll post my sketch and picture soon, though you can see the real me in my avatar.

M 01-05-2003 02:24 PM

Thanks for joining so quick snich! Thanks for understanding the rules, its just nice to be able to understand if it resembles the body as well in some form of way. Anyways, I also will be joining this shortly :D. Cya then ;).

Snich 01-05-2003 03:45 PM

A sketch

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here's my sketch. I'm a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, so I thought I'd use that as a theme as well. Someday I hope to animate this little guy doing different kicks and stuff. My instructor says he'll put them on his website just for fun. Anyways, as far as a picture of me, <nods to M>, I'll take one as soon as my darn digi-cam battery charges up! Cheers!

EagleKing 01-05-2003 03:57 PM

great sketch..pencil or photoshop?

M 01-05-2003 03:58 PM

Wow, looks great! I was also in tae kwon do for 4 and a half years and acheived my first dan black belt... i injured my leg though quite badly and couldnt go on :(. I cant wait to see this form! Looks great :D.

Snich 01-05-2003 04:13 PM

EagleKing: Thanks. It's a quick pen and paper sketch, scanned into and cleaned up a bit in Photoshop.

M: That sucks about the injury! Any chance of getting back into it? I've taught now for about 5-6 years, since 1st Dan, and I'm testing for my 3rd Dan in early June, I just found out last night. Hopefully I'll have enough time for this challenge, but I'll be spending a lot of time in the Dojang towards the end of the month.

Snich 01-05-2003 06:10 PM

A picture

1 Attachment(s)
Shield your eyes everyone! Here's a picture of the real me in my work duds, since I'm at work and all. I've found that staring at pictures of me can burn out ones retinas, so be careful!! :P

adldesigner 01-05-2003 06:14 PM

Heh heh
Cool start. :cool:

Snich 01-05-2003 09:09 PM

The real me.

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's the 'real' me. Now you all know my inspiration for last month's challenge! Sorry, couldn't help myself :rolleyes:

cb8rwh 01-05-2003 10:12 PM

heheh - looks like a girl I once 'knew' :)

Kevin 01-05-2003 10:30 PM

what? with or without the mask?

LOL

englar 01-05-2003 11:16 PM

hehe

cb8rwh 01-05-2003 11:19 PM

hey she looked nice after a few beers :)

M 02-05-2003 12:36 AM

Hey snich.. i could go back into taekwondo with my blackbelt as my master of course was authentic..and i have papers from korea and whatnot... but i dont know if i will.. as I am still in shape, but have lost the flexibility for it :(. I still might though when i have a bit more free time on my hands.. it definately was the best thing for me i had ever done.. I was at my peak of almost everything beacuse of it, best of luck on your 3rd dan, thats an amazing acheivement! BTW, you know that shot you did of yourself.. thats what i was going to do! I was going to see if anyone else did it.. hahaha. Cya.

Kevin 02-05-2003 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cb8rwh
hey she looked nice after a few beers :)
hahahahha - So true dude!! I think thats gonna be my new sig...look out for it dude!

all creds to you :D