Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   New Car Modelled (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23364)

Masteryoda 29-09-2006 06:16 PM

New Car Modelled

1 Attachment(s)
This is my latest project, The Go Kart is READY! :attn:

Its all invented by me , including the Engine.

Comments are most welcome.

Thx

Masteryoda 29-09-2006 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Engine :)

Turbo Dan 29-09-2006 07:59 PM

this is a finished work and not a wip, so these opinions can probable be disregarded

-the main frame bars look a bit thick, they look slightly too thick and heavy for a go kart.
-what looks like a running board on the side of the kart to aid in stepping into the kart i would remove totoally, getting in awkwardly is half the fun of driving a go kart.
-the battery looks also a bit big for a go kart, the height looks ok, but i would thin it out a bit, it doesnt take much power to turn the lights on.
-the wing looks a bit awkward, its the only thing that doesnt look like it really belongs.

i think thats its for now. it looks like a very comfortable and safe go kart

what is that canister thing beside the seat on the one side?

AnthonyCg 29-09-2006 08:03 PM

nitrous oxide lol

Turbo Dan 29-09-2006 08:10 PM

if that canister really is nitrous oxide, i would definetely add some seat belts to the model. haha :eek:

AnthonyCg 29-09-2006 08:14 PM

double lol. The canister might fly off itself.

NeoStrider 30-09-2006 03:09 AM

hey yoda, what do you use to do your renders? i've noticed in other topics people have used occulusion renders and they always seem very bleached out... yours, on the other hand, are pretty visable.

just to help others, i usually prefer a 3-point light setup, but since i've played with the 'preset' occlusion render to try and give others suggestions i can't help but notice yours are always well done.

gster123 30-09-2006 04:00 AM

Think its GI Joe

Masteryoda 30-09-2006 04:32 AM

1) The car is all invented by me and i wasnt intened to study the dynamics, I just modeled what i had in mind and a bit cartoonish style. I might consider some of the critics,. After all, I like critics.

2) I began to use GI Joe but now i learnt how to the same effect without the need of GI Joe and to keep always the same shades and shadows with my models.

3) That is not NOS :P but a caniser of fuel (spare) as i said tihs is my imagined car, meaning I have put what i had in mind. :)

But I hope you like it as it is... thx again

cut_the_krab 07-10-2006 11:33 AM

Modeled a nice car you have.

I was wondering if you could share your render/light/settings of your "clay" model.
marc@czar.be
I'm trying top achieve the same effect for my wip, Assault Mech.
that would be great.
If not, no harm done.

Thx
M.

vizion 16-10-2006 03:37 PM

Very nice model, always been a fan of these go-kart/offroad type of cars. I'm pretty sure (though i may be wrong about this) that the car was rendered using a fake gi mel script for maya, i remeber using it to achieve a similar effect. It consists of setting up 32(or more) lights in a sphere around the object and simply rendering it. I think it was called "GiJoe" or something along those lines.
Hope that helps.

Masteryoda 17-10-2006 03:29 AM

I used to use GI-Joe for my renders before, but since the last 2 months, i managed to create my own light settings for my clay renders. But yes i got the idea from GI-Joe and I created a sort of 'light system' so i get the same settings for every render. and no mel scripts, Everything was set manually. Hope this helped

cut_the_krab 23-10-2006 05:06 AM

What's GI Joe?

Masteryoda 23-10-2006 12:15 PM

GI Joe is a Mel script to create clay renders

cut_the_krab 23-10-2006 01:04 PM

aha
where do i get it?
Can you send it to me?
I'm on Maya 8

Thnx

Send it here