Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Nov/Dec - Character/Environment - MotorRace - El_Newty - Norm (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8776)

el_newty 05-11-2003 08:33 AM

Nov/Dec - Character/Environment - MotorRace - El_Newty - Norm

Well guys this is a challange that I can not miss :)

So I'm in too :D

I have a great concept, to make a race between Aragorn and Legolas ;)

How's that?

Not any kind of race, it will be on motorcycles!!!

If I will have plany time I thought to put Gollem in the scene too, he will be the "coach" with a chronometer in his hand and he will stay at the Finish line.

Anyway the prior thing is to do the two motorcycle racers...and after we will see :)

Take care everybody.

el_newty 05-11-2003 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those who don't know who are the characters, I post an image :)

Bye and see you later... :D

Tigglypom 05-11-2003 05:17 PM

Sounds cool! good luck

el_newty 06-11-2003 06:25 AM

Tigglypom, thanks :)

Hmmm... I'm wondering how to dress them???
In skin clothes like the actual bikers are??? or in the same cloths that they wear in the movie???

Maybie you guys have some suggestions... ;)

orgeeizm 06-11-2003 07:03 AM

I think giving them biker clothing would well suit your theme more :)

mtmckinley 06-11-2003 02:55 PM

dress them according to your chosen style/genre. Don't forget to include their character-defining details, as described in the rules.

el_newty 07-11-2003 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys, I thought about it and I chose to dress them like they are in the movie.
I think that the contrast between their medieval cloths and the modern bikes will be stronger :)
By the way as bikes I chose to use Ducati brand motorcycles.
For those who are interested in bikes, the motorcycles are Ducati 748 R and I attached a picture of it too.

I’m waiting c&c’s ;)

mtmckinley 07-11-2003 02:16 PM

If you dress them as they are in the movie, it will be against the rules and not be considered for the challenge final entries. If you still want to do so, of course, you are free to do what you want.

el_newty 10-11-2003 05:57 AM

Hmm... Mike you've right.
I'm not alowed to use medieval stuffs in this challange :(
OK, now I know what to do... ;)

Thanks.

el_newty 10-11-2003 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In this Weekend I had some spare time so I modeled a little bit of Legolas :)
Here you can see the poly head, unsmooted.
I put a wire shaded shot in the right for those who are interested in how I built it...

el_newty 10-11-2003 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the same had smooted.
I used 2 divisios for smoot options so maybie the wire on shaded shot from right will not be wery clear for you... :(
But the meaning of this is to se the ideea of construction guidelines of the human face...

Cheers.

P.S. C&C's are very wellcomed ;)

Sil-Valeor 10-11-2003 07:39 PM

Looking verry nice!
Just one question: I was just gonna sign into this comp. and wanted to make an Orc on a Harley Davidson motorbike, but then I saw this thread. Does anybody have problems if I make that, since I am making motorbikes as you, just that I am making harley davidson and you are making superbikes?

mtmckinley 10-11-2003 07:49 PM

As long as they aren't soooo similar (bikes look the same, dressed the same, etc), I think it should be ok.

el_newty 11-11-2003 07:50 AM

Zocky, as long as you are not copy entire concept of my project ... and you want to make an orc on a bike, you are free to do it. :)

Even if you want to make the same project: Legolas and Aragorn on bikes in a race, I doubt of the similarity of both projects to be very close or the same ... one must be better than the other ;)

So, feel free and join us in this competition :beer:

Cheers :)

Sil-Valeor 11-11-2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by el_newty
Zocky, as long as you are not copy entire concept of my project ... and you want to make an orc on a bike, you are free to do it. :)

Even if you want to make the same project: Legolas and Aragorn on bikes in a race, I doubt of the similarity of both projects to be very close or the same ... one must be better than the other ;)

So, feel free and join us in this competition :beer:

Cheers :)

heh, tnx!
Well,I had to ask since I don't wanna copy the idea from others. But I think you are making sportsbike, And I'll try to make harley davidson, so there should be diference. But I'm verry noob at the moment, so but I guess I have to try finally enter some comp. already.
Tnx again!
And good like with your model, man!