Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Underworld (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5618)

Protheus 04-05-2003 05:39 PM

Underworld

Does anybody know more about a new vampire/werewolf movie called: Underworld... I checkedout the website and saw the trailer... and it was just fam... is looks and feels like The Matrix...

checkout the trailer at: www.entertheunderworld.com

Kreed_UK 05-05-2003 04:30 AM

I've seen the site & trailer too. It looks like a sneaky lowish budget Equilibrium type. Looks great, as does Kate in that nice leather gear:)

Don't have any idea where it came from tho?

M 05-05-2003 04:43 AM

Leather :)... gotta love leather.

ragecgi 05-05-2003 04:16 PM

mmmmmm... tasty I must say:)

Protheus 06-05-2003 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ragecgi
mmmmmm... tasty I must say:)
The movie or the girlie ?? ;)

Kevin 06-05-2003 10:13 AM

cool!! looks pretty neat! cheers for the heads up

ragecgi 29-09-2003 03:26 PM

****W A R N I N G - POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD******

Appologies if I'm in the wrong thread, but I just saw this movie this weekend, and I must say that it was a GREAT film, and I thought I would give you my thoughts:

*** don't say I never told you about the spoiler warning:) ***

TRANSFORMERS! MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!"
The werewolf (lichon)<sp? transformations were well done considering the scene and time for production.
Not to mention the 25 million dollar budget which, trust me, for a movie like this, is PEANUTS.
(that is the $$ I heard, so please, someone correct me if that was a rumor!)
The transformations felt akin to American Werewolf in London, but with NO cuts.
Not gory, just the neccisary needed shots to make you cringe and "feel" thier affliction.

I'M, TOO SEXY FOR THESE FANGS...
I never thought Kate B. was that attractive in Pearl Harbor.

But she is a HOTTIE in this movie!!! <droool...> hehe...

The pleather bodysuit just sells the style for me.

The wardrobe was perfect for each part telling a story about each characters' background and history.
(per my Fashion-student g/f's opinion)

My fav was... again, the leather/pvc bodysuit for Selena's (Kate) character. whoohhoo!

"The weapons had evolved, but the mission remained the same, hunt them down, and kill them off, one by one."
And that is JUST what they did.
You gotta LOVE movies like this that just cut to the chase and drop you right into the war with them.

The camera work was pefectly executed for the budget they had, as most of the time, close-ups and mediums were the typical norm,
while saving longer shots for establishing location and occasional wider battle scenes.
(Cinematography 101, well done)

It's STARTING TO EFFECT ME! IT HURTS, IT HURTS!!

What can I say about the effects other than WOW!
NOTHING GROUNDBREAKING, just done with respect and in service to the story, rather than as a main feature.

The weapons were pretty cool, as my favorite were the "razor-discs". Probably the only overtly-CG shot in the film, but well done as a minimalist-slo-mo shot to show detail and mechanical blade transition, then a quick cut to them hitting thier target.

Probably my only personal feeling of conflict regarding similarities with the Blade films, are the use of chemicals in the ammo.
Other than that, and a train-tunnel shot in the beginning, I never thought of Blade after the first 8 minutes.

Come to think of it, contrary to popular media belief, I felt no connection to the Matrix films other than it's dark & stylistic color grading, and mtv-stlye editing, which the "rebelious-youth" of today tend to appeal with.
Heck, they would probably flock to Scooby-Doo if you marketed it as such.

ON ROMEO AND JULIETTE...

Yup, there is an underlying story regarding that, but with a twist, that makes you "feel for the bad guy" which I just LOVE to do, as it helps to give closure to a plotline.

EVERYTHING THAT HAS A BEGINNING... WHOOPS! wrong movie...
Yep! As reported a day or so after opening day, production HAS secured funding for a sequel!
UNDERWORLD 2 will be done, and as Kate says in the closing monologue, "alegencies will be made", so get ready to choose your side, as the Lichons are pretty-much destroyed, so now that one of the remaining 2 "Elder" vampires will be awakened as a mixed-breed, the fight scenes ought to be WAY more quick and nasty....

...not to mention sexy, that is, if Kate stays on the project.

Kevin 29-09-2003 03:32 PM

take the matrix / equilibrium (my fav film of all time) / blade 2 and one hot babe..... stick it together and you have this movie.

I watched it the other day, It wasnt fantastic but not bad either! Lets face it - go and see a movie about werewolfs vs vampires and expect anything different then you are a fool :D

Fight scenes were good - not long and drawn out like matrix 2 and 10x better effects - And believe it or not it has a bit of a twist in the story at the end.

I enjoyed it - a 7/10 from me :)

ragecgi 29-09-2003 03:40 PM

Exactly!

PS, I've not yet seen Equalibrium, is it worth seeing?

dragonfx 29-09-2003 04:26 PM

what is equilibrium about exactly? i dont know if i have seen it or not...( you would be scared of what we do to the title of the movies here in spain:)

heared white wolf sued them for blatantly stealing its background and adapting the script from one of its novesl... after seeing it what do u have to say about it?(without having seen it i would say damn TRUE...)

Kevin 29-09-2003 04:43 PM

Equalibrium is one of my favorite films ever!

It has non of that hollywood bang bang bollox yet has a good story and the best fight action scenes!

great film and a must see

Basically the story evoles around a world where no one is aloud to feel /show emotion etc as they rekon this leads to murder etc... so feelings are supressed with daily injections to make them operate like robots

but one guy starts to see this is messed up and decides to sort it :)

David 29-09-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ragecgi
Exactly!

PS, I've not yet seen Equalibrium, is it worth seeing?

One of my fav films well worth seeing mate

Highly recommend it.

[icarus_uk] 29-09-2003 05:57 PM

Equilibrium is very good :)

My fav film is The Boondock Saints, nice gun shooting with a quality plot.

Nataliia 29-09-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
Equilibrium is very good :)

My fav film is The Boondock Saints, nice gun shooting with a quality plot.

O Lordy, don't get icky on a ramble about Boondock Saints or he'll never stop! :D

I haven't seen any trailers (or much of anything else) about this movie, so will wander over and take a peek.

[icarus_uk] 29-09-2003 06:27 PM

Oh hush wench. If I want to rant, by gum I'll rant!