Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   WIP: Head test C & C (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2482)

Sir-Avalon 03-12-2002 07:10 AM

WIP: Head test C & C

1 Attachment(s)
Hello there again!
I'd like some c&c on this head...what is the first thing u notice that looks wrong???
/Chris

undseth 03-12-2002 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks really great! People are very different and not like the canon that I have memorized, but here's some thoughts.

EDIT:
The white line on the right-most side is NOT meant to be the curvature of the skull, but the skull closer to the eye/above the eye.

Sir-Avalon 03-12-2002 08:38 AM

undseth: A big thanx for thoose tips!! I'll get right on it!!! :beer:

undseth 03-12-2002 08:48 AM

I wish I get as far as this if I ever start on a character! :)

Kurt 03-12-2002 02:53 PM

The only real thing that bothers me is the front of the neck area. Other than that just work on what undseth suggested.

great work keep it up=)

undseth 03-12-2002 03:33 PM

Maybe the adams apple should be more clear/protruding there.

Holy Mother of whatever! You made that viggen movie, it is GREAT!!! It almost gave me goosebumps.

iron_tick 03-12-2002 05:37 PM

good job, just raise the canal in the ear up off the lobe and the ear will look more realistic. Good detail.

MKess007 03-12-2002 10:54 PM

Re: WIP: Head test C & C

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir-Avalon
what is the first thing u notice that looks wrong???
/Chris

The first thing I noticed wrong was that it was only half a head:p!

J/k. It looks great. I too think the neck needs to be fixed. It maybe me, but I think the gap between the 2 eyebrows seem to protrude to far out.

ereitz 04-12-2002 12:45 AM

things to ponder - or answer - or ponder and answer

looks really nice - noticed that the ear flap seems to join with the back of the ear instead of cover a hole but that's a pretty petty detail for such a nice head.

Question - how did you get that nice line around the lips? Did you join two NURBS surfaces? Is it a SubD model? Polygon? I'm looking for ideas to improve my own head models. ;)

Thing I find most important is that the face is appealing - even a villain must be fun to watch - this face is definitely facinating. What kind of a character is he? What does he do? Where does he live?

Sir-Avalon 04-12-2002 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanx everyone!
I reshaped the hole head yesterday...I'll try and post an update later today...I noticed there were some other things that needed to be fixed as I mirrord the head...well you always learn new stuff every day...that's why it's so fun...even though you sometimes feel sick of staring at it so much!! :D

Model facts: I use a polygon cage and an instance of it which i've converted to Sub-D...

Don't pay any attention to the shape of the model on this image...it's not finished yet... As I said, i'll try and post an update later today!

Sir-Avalon 04-12-2002 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so here's an update...I don't know about the skull, maybe it gonna be a bit bigger over the ears??? Tell me what u think!!
I haven't done so much about the muscles around the neck yet... First it was more like a man, and now it's turning into a woman! Hopefully! :D
/Chris

Kurt 05-12-2002 12:49 AM

Looking better, still need to push back the part of the neck where the chin is. Looking good!!!!

Oculus 05-12-2002 05:42 AM

That mouth looks really great. I always have such a hard time on the mouth! Argh. I think maybe though, the eyes are alittle large...

Undseth: What a great avatar. rofl.

Roman 05-12-2002 12:22 PM

nice work Sir-Avalon.. :p
just tweak the part of the neck kurt mentioned.. :D

Sir-Avalon 09-12-2002 12:46 PM

Pheww....

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so i've rebuilt the hole head....It was not that fun, but u learn new thing on the way!!
Just to post an update!! Tell me what u think!! :D
/Chris