Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   April Challenge_HADES_God of War (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35428)

murambi 04-04-2011 08:30 PM

April Challenge_Lo PolyCharacter_Murambi

1 Attachment(s)
Hey so this will be my entry i will be attempting to recreate the master of the underworld Hades from God of war

tweetytunes 04-04-2011 09:15 PM

Love that character (My fav out of the others so far) but what are you going to change ???

He`s going to be a challenge - Good luck

Joey81 04-04-2011 10:27 PM

wow murambi. Thats something!
waiting 4 your posts :)

Chirone 05-04-2011 12:03 PM

im interested to see what you'll do

bullet1968 05-04-2011 12:15 PM

wow mate thats a bad bum lookin dude...good luck mate!

cheers bullet

murambi 07-04-2011 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Love that character (My fav out of the others so far) but what are you going to change ???

He`s going to be a challenge - Good luck
Yeah but im trying to make him look more ghastly if its even possible

So finally done some concepts art on him and started on the model almost done with the face so let me know if it anything is off

Chirone 07-04-2011 12:12 PM

I take it you wont have a helmet that cover the whole face, huh?

murambi 07-04-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

I take it you wont have a helmet that cover the whole face, huh?
Nope just part of it i want to play with some expressions to make him look abit more convincing

murambi 12-04-2011 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So i am almost done with the body just to add the weapons and off to uv mapping and into Zbrush

tweetytunes 12-04-2011 11:04 AM

Nice and clean - well done - although he`s a lot skinner than the concept, think it needs more mass.

You Uv`in in maya or zbrush ???

Only thing I would change is the angle of the arms now your done - because its low poly it`s some what better to cut them off and angle then down it might help rig/pose him and then rebuild were needed - but its up to you and your idea on a final pose.

Chirone 12-04-2011 11:17 AM

yeah, looks like he needs more fat and muscle to be mean looking
i take it you're doing full body armour? looking forward to when you decorate it :)

bullet1968 12-04-2011 11:45 AM

Mate looking good, I have to agree a little more mass I think the chest needs to be a little more robust. The upper leg too I reckon mate...I wouldnt make him massive muscle wise...then again if you are going to Z you can do it in there probably with more precision....nice wires too mate

cheers bullet

RockyMills_01 12-04-2011 04:39 PM

Great Modeling. but I must agree with Chirone, Bullet1968 and Tweetytunes on the whole muscle mass thing. right now he looks more like your average starter level hero.

murambi 15-04-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Great Modeling. but I must agree with Chirone, Bullet1968 and Tweetytunes on the whole muscle mass thing. right now he looks more like your average starter level hero
Actually i was also going the same way but i realised i wanted weapons that would compliment his physique and make look increadibly quick so just bear with me guys abit i'm thinking it will all come together

Right know i am uv done uv mapping and my god i think i just found my least favourite chore in the world they really should make this way easier to do in maya

Ill post up the updates later when i get home

Gen 15-04-2011 05:57 PM

I was starting to wonder when the updates were coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murambi
Right know i am uv done uv mapping and my god i think i just found my least favourite chore in the world they really should make this way easier to do in maya ...

Haha I ended up saying pretty much the same thing in the last challenge. It's just sooooo tedious.