Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge - Brian Ellebracht - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6144)

brian_ellebracht 04-06-2003 08:58 PM

June Challenge - Brian Ellebracht - Normal

Guys I am really busy, but as you know, I can't pass up a challenge like this! I Have set a goal to make sure that it will be turned in before the Due date!! :) But, I moved and won't have DSL untill next tuesday, and I am finnaly upgrading to Windows XP, so Can't start till Monday or Tuesday... :( just thought that I would reserve my spot!! I will finnish this, Its right up my alley!!

Brian Ellebracht

adldesigner 04-06-2003 09:06 PM

I can see some mayor destruction with this guy around the place. :D
Good luck buddy.

ragecgi 04-06-2003 09:08 PM

Rootin for ya bud!

brian_ellebracht 04-06-2003 09:25 PM

Thanks guys! Can't wait to get started. Grr... Have to wait till the begaining of next week... But thats ok, it will give me more time to actually develop an idea (witch I don't usually do) lol.
Brian

BabyDuck 04-06-2003 09:55 PM

oh oh - that is scary. brian not using maya for how many hours at home?

and i dont even want to imagine what you are able to create when you do make a concept :D

afterwards i can at least say - that i was in the same challenge as brian was. yeah it was fun, as i avoided all the nice shots in this thread. lol - just kidding.

good to see you in. this will enhance the challenge. now i know i have to try harder than hard to have the slightest chance :D

doodle 05-06-2003 12:02 AM

Brian + an SM challenge = Subscribe to this thread.

Brian, anyidea on what your model?

Ultragames 05-06-2003 03:30 AM

Some one make this guy a Mod, hes too good to be moldeling against us!! I am scared now!

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 12:03 PM

You guys are all funny... you make it sound like I don't even have to model anything!. :) JUST KIDDING! Hey... I decided to install maya early last night!! :bgreen: Although I am going to have to do it all again when I get XP, but at least I now have something to work with at home. :) Can't wait to get started, I have a few ideas on what I want to accomplish, but haven't started yet, I will let you guys know. :)
Brian

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 01:11 PM

Hey guys.... I am thinking about making some kind of walker Vehicle, with Six legs... I might give it wheels instead of feet... I want to at least make it seam realistic, like it could actually work, unlike my last design in the last competition...This design WILL NOT be based off of any kind of Starwars Vehicle or my last walker design, but how it moves (if it uses feet) will be taken off of the design of the AT TE, That is just how it walks, if I give it wheels, then the leg design, will be for Suspension... I think this will be made to walk in the snow, but maybe to walk on the Mars surface. I want to make it for one to two people, with a full cockpit design... So.... What do you think? Sorry can't start a sketch when I am at work.... Let me know what you think! THanks alot,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first wheel design...

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and here is the low poly wire...

Vectorman 05-06-2003 06:29 PM

you are amazing brian....i can't WAIT

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an update... :)
Brian

ragecgi 05-06-2003 06:34 PM

[song] "Touch me, touch me, I wanna feel your Poly!" [/song]

hehe... LOL!

...ok, that was nasty... sorry m8:) hehe...

KICKS holy booty man!

BabyDuck 05-06-2003 06:45 PM

nice render - how did you do that. - nah, just kidding

but nice wheel :) - maybe the ones on the outside a bit more spiky?

i am still sketching out my hands still - hope to get that into maya soon - your hands are almost done (the wheels) :p