Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ghost in the shell (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28032)

leonlabyk 02-11-2007 07:52 AM

Ghost in the shell

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to get away from anatomy for a while and am gonna try and re create this scene.

leonlabyk 02-11-2007 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Having spent this morning on this I have managed to block out the majority of things in maya and am importing them into z-brush as sub tools. Will begin sculpting and texturing once I have all the geometry completed.

AikoWorld 02-11-2007 07:55 AM

hey nice start man. would it not be interesting for future interests that you build it in T-pose?

So you can do like maybe rig it, animate it, create other poses?

But cool man. cant wait to see the finishing results

leonlabyk 02-11-2007 08:13 AM

You are totally correct about rigging it in a T-pose but I have no intentions to animate this. I am just trying texture and render this scene and want some practice with z-brush 3 and sub-tools.

cheers,

Leon

mirek03 02-11-2007 03:14 PM

you modeled it in this pose?? i thought it would be easier to model in a T pose just to pose it in general even with no thought of animation and also modelling would be easier.., you only have to model one half in a T pose and then instance it or scale it in the negative direction..,

very fine looking model and the city scape is what im interested in.., hope we see some wires on that!

cool and ambitious..,

gohan1842 02-11-2007 03:18 PM

Coming along nicely so far. I agree about the T-Pose. I highly recommend modeling in a T-Pose for the simple reasons that mirek has stated. For one you just have to model half of it. Also, you don't have to model the flexed muscles.

It can be a pain to try and get it to look right if you're trying to model as is.

DJbLAZER 02-11-2007 03:26 PM

On the other hand getting a perfect rig can be more time consuming than modeling both sides. All extreme bending, rotations etc. will have to be messed with a lot to get it look realistic. And in ZBrush it's pretty easy to change a pose anyways even if the model isn't rigged for real.

arran 02-11-2007 04:00 PM

cool - looks like a nice start leonlabyk - maybe the face is a little long?

mirek03 02-11-2007 04:05 PM

ill be looking into Z Brush when uni is finished.., because this is a nice model and well.., yea. nice

leonlabyk 02-11-2007 04:54 PM

Cheers for the comments guys much appreciated. With regards to the comments surrounding the pose, she was in a standard T pose. I then I brought her into zbrush to try out the new transpose tool which allows you to pose your character. I am unsure if you can use the transpose with sub tools so then exported the low res back into maya and blocked out the clothing. I may use the other model of her in the t pose to try and create the image from the poster with all those crazy plugs and wires. Still I am going to have to get this done before I can think about that though

Arran, yeah I am going to create some hair as a subtool and will hopefully get a better idea of whats going on.

Cheers,

Leon

Some Guy 02-11-2007 09:46 PM

This should turn out good.
The character needs alot of work on the proportions. At the moment i think the legs are off and the whole character needs to be a bit thicker (especially around the legs)
it'd probably be easier to model it in the T pose (in my opinion) but whatever works for you is fine.

arran 02-11-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy

The character needs alot of work on the proportions. At the moment i think the legs are off and the whole character needs to be a bit thicker (especially around the legs)

there are quite a few weird things going on in the original drawing - the lower half of her body looks a lot bigger than her top half - not sure if that's cos they want the feeling of looking up at her, or if they just want you to admire her butt...

AikoWorld 03-11-2007 01:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i dont know if you are familiar with anime, but the japanese characters/drawings always have longer legs then human like characters.

And this image looks like anime

Attached the image.

leonlabyk 03-11-2007 02:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the crits guys they have will all be taken into account while I work on this.

Small update

leonlabyk 03-11-2007 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have begun blocking out the city. Still a lot of work to do on the buildings although I am going to try and keep them as simple as possible. I hope that the lighting and texturing will gave them the look I am hoping to achieve.