Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Job search (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31016)

ColdWave 01-10-2008 08:48 PM

Job search

Ok here is my problem. I'm student in Sofia ... and i need some job to get something to eat. But in Bulgaria 3D jobs are very hard to find there are 3 studios in all bulgaria ... so can you help me finding something via internet ? Making models paying on model or something like that ... some websites or any of this kind will be good ...

Thanks for the help mates... i'm really in bad money shape right now and searching what to eat :( :shakehead

p.s I'm not pro but i have some avarage skills ... so i hope there is something for my 3D skills :)

gster123 02-10-2008 03:51 PM

You could try selling models on turbo squid?

ColdWave 02-10-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gster123
You could try selling models on turbo squid?
I will try that ;)

p.s Sorry for the newbie question but i've red the turbosquad things and can't find how i can sell my model to them i just find tables with the month amount and etc... :confused:

marlonjohn 02-10-2008 04:49 PM

if its that hard to find jobs in bulgaria, try find some freelancing stuff threw the internet. another option i would do is, try get an internship at the three studios you have said about. or if you cant do that, try ask them if they know any one they can hook you up with ... worth a try

ps. if your in real desperate of money, you could always work at your local supermarket or food stores for some extra cash ;)

elephantinc 02-10-2008 05:01 PM

If i were you id get a job in a supermarket or something while trying to find something in 3d

ColdWave 02-10-2008 05:04 PM

Ok i can go in a casion to work ... but it won't be a pleasure ...

P.s i register in TurboSquad and i will post all my models ... It's not something i like but there is no other option :)

Thanks guys for the support :attn:

alexanderH 03-10-2008 01:49 AM

only smart way to be an artist is as others explained. Get a regular job that pays you and has decent hours until you find 3D work. It takes more effort and drive and you get stuck with crappy jobs, but it keeps you fed.

starjsjswars 03-10-2008 02:48 PM

i would try asking vfxtalk.com to see what they have to say

Falott 08-10-2008 02:07 PM

just a quick notice from my side.

it took me about 1.5 years to get from regular jobs to 3D work only paying my bills. we don´t have that much options in austria here as well, but the good thing is. there are allways way too less good people out there. so if you become good at what you are doing you will be the one who can choose from job offers.

oh and btw, I came across turbo squid once too. I failed on the burocratic starting hurdles as well. try and get into a company in your country. even if that means you have to move in another city. I moved 2 times myself for a job. it payd off and I learn alot. (ah well and did I mention I earn real small money in my first 2 years? it wasn´t often enough to by food and pay my flat.) but that´s how it goes in the beginning. only the strong will survive!! and those who can live from little kebaps each day :)