Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   importing tracking data to maya? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31348)

elementsk8er506 13-11-2008 01:42 PM

importing tracking data to maya?

hey guys

i guess this is a newbie question maybe?

i have pftrack 2.0 and maya unlimited

i did an auto track and exported the data from pftrack to a .ma file

i then went to import this into maya

set aside, for some reason it doesnt show up in the mac book pro finder! i have to type it in the search and then it shows up for some reason?

anway,

i imported the .ma file from pftrack

it showed up green cross hairs, a camera, and a blank image plane

when i scrub through the timeline, the crosshairs/track point things move around but the camera stays static in the middle of the grid

how would i go about setting up a matchmove? i know i probably have to somehow import my image seq video to the camera or something but i cant figure it out

also once that set up how would i go about setting it some so the models are attached the the video when looking through the camera instead of still?

please help me!! it would be greatly appreciated thankyou

bendingiscool 13-11-2008 08:29 PM

I had a problem importing an .ma file from boujou, although I think the reason mine didn't show was because of a graphics card error.

To get your image sequence to show up, go into the attribute editor of your image plane, should be in the imported group somewhere, and browse to the destination of your image sequence.

Your second question all depends on the quality of your track, if you have a decent track then you should be able to put an object in the scene, place it to look like its on the ground, etc, depending on the shot, and it should appear to 'stick' to the ground.

Chris

elementsk8er506 14-11-2008 04:01 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply

I did find in the attribute editor tab under the camera_1plane tab the folder to retrieve the image seq

so it did show up on the plane!

i then put a polygon object on the grid and then viewed my scene through the camera. although when i scrubbed through the timeline, it didnt stick

im wondering why this is happening is there something i need to do or can it be that theres something weird with the .ma file......because like it said, the crosshairs move but not the camera..is this normal??

hmm what should my final step be? thankyou

honestdom 14-11-2008 04:25 AM

if it didn't stick then you have a bad camera solve when you were in pftrack.
or...
perhaps you didn't parent the object to the group?

...did you orientate your graph and test an object in pftrack?

elementsk8er506 14-11-2008 06:38 AM

if it didn't stick then you have a bad camera solve when you were in pftrack.
or...
perhaps you didn't parent the object to the group?

...did you orientate your graph and test an object in pftrack?

i did test a grid in pftrack with a tested object, it stuck good

i didnt parent the object to the group though. so that must be it!

i just tried it and the object did move around this time!

so i suppose everytime you do a matchmove you must parent them?

i highlighted my object and then just lassoed a bunch of crosshairs...how would i select all of them?

thanks again

honestdom 14-11-2008 08:12 AM

nice one! Perhaps just use the outliner to select them

elementsk8er506 14-11-2008 08:55 AM

thanks dude