Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   animated text (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29561)

tmujuru 10-04-2008 03:28 AM

animated text

hi pliz help me with creating animated text. is it possible to model say a ball and then let it burst/disintergrate into text

alienfromblueplanet 10-04-2008 07:04 AM

i dont know if you want the ball morphing into text. that i dont know if its possible.

what you can do is make a ball and then apply shatter to it for the bursting effect. as far as the text goes create your text and animate the visibility of the text. time it so that the visibility goes on when the ball bursts.

Kratch 10-04-2008 09:01 AM

Have the ball burst (shatter + particles) and have text, with transparency material attribute maxed, act as a goal to the particles of the bursting ball. so as the particles burst our from the ball, they settle into a position that looks like the text, then you can fade the text in. will take a lot of work however you choose to do it.

tmujuru 10-04-2008 09:23 PM

yo first option of the ball morphing into text, how do i go about it. am now trying yo other sugestions, i jus want a lot of options so that i can come up with something nice

alienfromblueplanet 11-04-2008 06:59 AM

morphing that is a bit difficult in maya you will have to go with the suggestion of the particles...otherwise just create your objects and then i suppose morph it in a morphing software....but it wont be exactly what you want... i cant think of anything else right now...

tmujuru 13-04-2008 09:36 PM

bursting effect

hi . i made my ball but got stuck on using the shatter + particles. i cudn't make my ball burst. how do i use the shatter + particles to make my ball burst. coz wen i click the shatter + particles nothing is hapenning:headbang:

alienfromblueplanet 14-04-2008 02:13 AM

once you have applied it you play the animation. you will see the shatter effect. you can change certain parameters in the attribute box.

ragecgi 14-04-2008 07:07 AM

I think you might be getting confused regarding the phrase shatter "+ particles".

As there is no built-in clip effects command that does both at the same time.

The Shatter clip effects command will do one or both of the following:
1. Crack-apart your poly object into "shards" that you can animate by hand afterwards.
2. Same as the above, but with the option of turning each shard into a rigid body automatically so you can apply fields to them, such as a Radial field, to animate your "explosion".

To apply SHATTER and animate your shards (pieces) copy-paste this help docs link for Maya 8.5:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya8.5\docs\
Maya8.5\en_US\Dynamics\Effects__Create_Shatter.htm

For Maya 2008, check the help index for it:)

Regarding your specific project, both Alien and Kratch have given you the 2 most common and easy ways of achieving your end result:)

Good luck!

PS, I deleted your previous thread regarding this same issue, so in the future, please do not double post:)
Thanks!

tmujuru 14-04-2008 03:50 PM

thankx a lot for the help. will get bak to u again if i get stuck

ragecgi 14-04-2008 11:20 PM

No problem, and good luck! :)

tmujuru 23-04-2008 04:23 AM

1 more Question , how do i fade in text.

ragecgi 23-04-2008 10:20 AM

Well there are 2 ways, but this first one is my fav:

1. Animate the opacity of the rendered text plates in post:)

2. Animate the "transparency" of your shader in Maya over time from 0 - 1.

Make sense?

If not, let us know:)
Good luck!