Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Its raining... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24679)

Tiago2 19-01-2007 09:39 AM

Its raining...

1 Attachment(s)
Texturing made in photoshop. Modeled in max. rendered with mental ray...depht of field done in photoshop.... not that much i no.... crits and comments welcome ofcourse.

publicFunction 19-01-2007 10:42 AM

Nice...

But did you not mean to post this on the simply max site?

gster123 19-01-2007 12:10 PM

Looks good, the only thing thas I could crit is that the edges could do with more of a bevel to make them smoother

Tiago2 19-01-2007 01:00 PM

R@nSiD, lol. Simplymax is dead dude. But i did post it there aswell... cheers gster123, i'll be making an ashtray n a new scene with this.... I'll keep the edges in mind... they do look a bit beveless.... thou they are beveled a bit....

publicFunction 19-01-2007 01:28 PM

Not good eh... Maybe they should just amalgamate all 3 into one and call it simply 3d :bow:

Tiago2 20-01-2007 01:39 AM

thats wat i've been saying for a long time now too. I think they may just do it... with simply3dworld being underdevelopement atm, who knows maybe its has already been planed out....

13th_resident 20-01-2007 10:11 AM

are you gonna have one lit in your next scene? you know.. smoking and maybe a lighter beside it.. its a nice scene. whats missing is 1 cigarette turned over. you know. for good luck! ;)

max_glass 20-01-2007 11:30 AM

Photoshop depth of field fix

1 Attachment(s)
You should look in your PhotoShop Image menu>Adjustments>Curves...
the curves dialog is dealing with the high and low end color/light values.

When the dialog box opens
By setting anchors on the diagonal line between the center mark and using Subtle ajdustments(up and down) you will be able to fine tune your look. It will also fix your edges.

If you lose some color, then use the same menu and go down to "Selective Color" and bring back what you lost.

I hope this helps.

Max_glass

petrol 20-01-2007 02:50 PM

Dont listen to him ^ he uses a mac!

Just kidding :D

max_glass 20-01-2007 04:43 PM

Actually

I have used both for years. They both have their problems.

I think it's like the drinking problem. Too much money then you drink too much. Not enough money, then you have a problem.

I never seem to have enough computer. Maybe I should take up drinking.http://forum.simplymaya.com/newreply...hreadid=24679#

20-01-2007 05:48 PM

good work

thats a good scene but it makes me wanna quit smoking which is bad because im not a quiter ;) theres my excuse

i think the edges look fine looking at my pack they look like if anything they may be a bit to rounded:beer: :ninja:

EDIT: and marlboros are nasty do one with peter jackson menthols;) :D

publicFunction 20-01-2007 05:51 PM

Re: good work

Quote:

Originally posted by acid44
...it makes me wanna quit smoking which is bad because im not a quiter ;) theres my excuse
Poor Excuse for not attempting to give up smoking. Not to attempt something that will be hard, makes you a quitter ;)

Give up before it kills you

20-01-2007 05:53 PM

gonna die eventually might as well have a good taste in my mouth well i do it;)

Quote:

Not to attempt something that will be hard, makes you a quitter
that doesnt make you a quitter it just makes you a coward;) its when you try and give up part way that your a quitter

marlonjohn 21-01-2007 10:16 AM

haha i dont like the product :p but i like the model/render. great idea dude...

ahaha petrol, funny one ;)

acid > "thats a good scene but it makes me wanna quit smoking which is bad because im not a quiter. theres my excuse"

huh? your smoking, arnt you 14 or something? lol

Some Guy 21-01-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by acid44
gonna die eventually might as well have a good taste in my mouth well i do it;)

Sure, and look on the bright side, atleast you'll get a cool robot voice thing and a tube outta your ass so you can poo properly!

I like the model. Dont cigarette packets have pictures of grizzly faces and cancer on them now though? or are these older style ones?