Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ghost Freak (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29964)

backstabbing 22-05-2008 11:55 AM

Ghost Freak

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guyz.... its been ages since i posted anything here, i was quite busy with finishing Diploma, so yeah.. well saddly 2 say i couldn't work on maya ever since my GRIM reaper urgh...:headbang: :headbang: so its been like a year since my last project, now i wanna get baq to working with maya again. hopefully this time i wont be distracted by my Degree :bandit: well im quite rusty with maya ive just been working on it for the past 3 weeks.

Anyways i wanted to make this really complexed character From the cartoon BEN 10, named Ghost Freak... i just started on it, just did the blocking.... im ganna need help 2 finishing this, it will be very kind of u guyz 2 help me out...

for some of u who don't know ghost freak here is an image of him...

backstabbing 22-05-2008 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Blocking

backstabbing 22-05-2008 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WireFrame

arran 22-05-2008 02:12 PM

not a bad start, though i think you may want to reduce the amount of divisions - especially on the arms - if you're just blocking it out at the moment than having so many polys will just make it unnecessarily complicated and you probably won't need that many in the final model anyway.

backstabbing 22-05-2008 02:47 PM

alright then i work on it right away, thanks Arran

backstabbing 22-05-2008 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is an Update...

C&C please

:beer:

backstabbing 22-05-2008 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WireFrame

backstabbing 23-05-2008 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
alright ive just worked on defining the muscles and abit of details. and i just colored it, i will texture it after i made sure its alright. so here it is

it would be nice to know my mistakes

Thanks

Cheers :beer:

backstabbing 23-05-2008 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wireframe, i know its not a clean piece but could someone plz advice me on how 2 work 2 making a character with less of those lines and more of details

Thanks

alexanderH 24-05-2008 04:53 AM

I couldn't help but notice that the original tail curls up and in, as well as from the elbow to the handthe arm gets bigger, not narrow at the wrist like a persons. I'm not sure if you are trying to replicate/duplicate the original character but based on the image provided and what you've created I think those two features could atleast use some work.

Cheers.

backstabbing 24-05-2008 05:41 AM

thanks for the comment alexanderH. and yeah im trying to follow the character image. it really needs work, i'll go and work on the elbow and tail.

Thanks

Cheers :beer:

backstabbing 24-05-2008 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How does it look now?????

C&C Please

Thank You

Here is 4 views

NeoStrider 24-05-2008 11:52 PM

i kinda agree with alexanderH on the arms... it's not that they need to be longer, but BIGGER... a larger diameter around the forearm. it almost kinda looks like he's got a huge bracer on the lower arm cause it's so big.

it shows the most in the top view for the wrist area... it shouldn't get narrower before it gets wider in the hand, it looks almost as if the character doesn't have a wrist so it doesn't need to get narrower.

backstabbing 25-05-2008 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i increased the size so is this wat you mean???

NeoStrider 25-05-2008 03:04 AM

from the top view, definite improvement!!

for the other views the forearm still looks slim, but that may be just me... (and again i'm talking about in the wrist area, the bulk near the elbow looks ok - the reference you provided us with just appears to have a very uniformly sized forearm from the elbow all the way down to the wrist and beyond *shrug*)

anyone else wanna chime in?