Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SimplyMaya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   sword texturing 2 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5597)

d24e 03-05-2003 03:48 PM

sword texturing 2

hi, I just watched the sword texturing movie part 2 and it was skipping a lot of video while the sound was still playing.
Is this normal?
It's very irritating since the skips last for about 10 seconds and you can't see what he's doing.

Also, may I suggest cutting out the rendering moments like Mike does in his movies. Or at least tell us something, like some hints maybe.

adldesigner 03-05-2003 04:32 PM

Hello, d24e

The video was downloaded and reviewed after your post in a Pentium III 900Mhz 128MB RAM machine running on Windows XP Pro. It did not suffer from glitches, slowdowns, nor any video related problems.
  • Which version of Media Player are you using?
  • Have you downloaded the latest codecs from Microsoft?
  • Are you fond of watching movies downloaded through the web?
Some issues regarding compatibility between codec packs available through the web, and Microsoft´s wmp codecs has been observed, unfortunately the install of such codec packs is beyond our grasp and might be troublesome to some.

Remember Maya´s a resource intensive application, so why don´t you try watching the video at first without any application running? Remember to turn off AntiVirus´s Auto-Protect features.

Regarding render times, I noted it was a slow interval, but not unbearable at all, however this might be noted for future tutorials. Remember this was one of the first tutorials, and they have gone a long way now.

Here at SimplyMaya we strive to make your learning experience a better one.
-sounds corny huh?- :p

Regards,

d24e 03-05-2003 05:02 PM

I use zoomplayer 2.9 for most of my movies (never media player) and haven't had any problems with other movies or with part 1.
I always d/l the latest divx and the ones that start automatically
yes I am, i have broadband so no thx for the CD's:)

I was watching it alone (no other programs or virus stuff, also I now have
athlon XP 2200@2 Ghz, 1024 GB DDR, geforce 4800 (4400 set at 275//550), 7200 rpm 60 GB harddisk)

adldesigner 03-05-2003 05:13 PM

Hello, d24e

The tutorials were at first being encoded with WMF format, then the jump was made into DIVX, however a small percentage of the files still remain with the first codec.

I made a search into Microsoft´s download Database, and maybe you can solve your problem with one of these downloads. I recommend trying first with 8.0 release.

Windows Media Download Center
Remember to check Codecs Installation Package in the Select Download dropdown menu.

Hope this helps mate,

d24e 03-05-2003 05:22 PM

just installed that player and didn't work.
I found an exact moment, at the end of minute 8 he changes the camera, and the mouse is in the middle of renderscreen. Then it's about 9:01 to 9:58 that the video stops while he's doing all sort of stuff.