Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mr.RoboTO (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15860)

Umbrella 13-03-2005 06:35 AM

Mr.RoboTO

Hey i guess this is me plugging a movie.

If you guys get a chance go out and see the new movie Robots. The animation in it is increible not to mention it offers a good laugh. Finally theres a new starwars preview in the trailers that is amazing.

dannyngan 13-03-2005 07:39 AM

I didn't think Robots was that great of a movie. From a technical standpoint, the movie is quite nice. The guys at Blue Sky did a great job with the animation and effects. I really liked the breakdancing robots. Quite fun.

However, the story sucked – that's the nice way of putting it. It was very hard for me to sit through the movie, because everything felt extremely contrived, rushed, and not put together very well. I didn't have any strong feelings for any of the characters. I didn't care what happened to anyone.

For me, this movie doesn't even come close to the calibre and quality of a movie like The Incredibles or even Shrek 2 (which I consider so-so in terms of story). I felt cheated after the movie ended, like I sat there for an hour and half and got nothing but lots of shiny metal thrown in my face.

twisteddragon33 14-03-2005 02:11 AM

I thoguht the animation and charactors were great. Detail on everything was great. But theres some things they should have done that they didnt... It didnt explain some things well at all. Some things just didnt make sense... But yeah.. ill have to agree the story was rushed. Needed massive work. But the models were great.

cung 30-03-2005 09:57 PM

the overall presentation was great- for me... did it do justic? unfortuantely it didn't- .... the story was a bit outdated... i mean its not original... unlike incredibles.. or shrek which were unique.

the only thing that struck out in the film was how poor the models was... i mean comon the proper leader of that big corporation was big sphere that doesn't even have legs! whats that all about?!! the only thing that made me laugh was the britney spears dance... lol i cracked up for hours after that... even laughing now just thinking about it lol...
oh and the domino's dynamics surf scene was awesome!! i wanna know how they did that! wanna give it ago! :P

to me it was below average film with some good bits.

doodle 08-04-2005 08:01 PM

Like everyone else I too felt it was rushed, but what disappointed me most was the music. It was simply - shell we say - too corny. It seemed abit over the top at times.

mhcannon 08-04-2005 08:22 PM

I think the production value was fine. My problem was the weak storyline. To me if felt as if they creators came up with scenes and then tried to build a story around them... Like "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool to have one of the characters do an interpretation of Singing in the Rain," or "We just have to have a Brittney Spears imitation." The plot seems contrived to support a bunch of unrelated scenes. From a 3d standpoint it's very fun to watch. As for the story.... well, you know....

doodle 08-04-2005 11:51 PM

I should mention that overall I didn’t hate it, but I have no real plans to see it again. I did think the journey into the robot city was very inventive, loved it – best part.

How did it compare against Shark Tale. I haven’t even seen that film yet, and don’t even want to. The problem I have with Shark Tale is that the celebrities providing voices seemed to be promoted more than the film itself – something you didn’t get with The Incredible.

DanaScully 09-04-2005 05:18 AM

haven't seen robots/....but if its as bad as you guys say....might even consider not watching it at all.
What bothers me is that they actually were advertising the film as being better than the incredibles......I honestly think that is not possible.....to this day since the release in theatres i have seen the Incredibles 6 times and will probably see it 40 more lol.
As for Shark Tale.....BORING
That's all I can say, the story.....same thing, different creatures....it was unoriginal and boring. Highlight of the movie......the shark disguised as a dolphin. Don't get me wrong, it had its funny moments....but that's just what they were quick moments.
Pixar is totally dominating the animation scene imo.