Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   We need some females! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3482)

Darkware 25-01-2003 02:10 AM

We need some females!

Are there any females on this site at all? I would like to see what they can do with Maya you know. The last girl I think I remember seeing on here was SkateboardJenny, who is no longer an active user. She has an image in the gallery, which is impressive, too for those of you who care to look. I know that 90% of most video game company staff are males, but gee wiz. There should be at least one girl at SM.

Random fact: the only board on SM right now that has not been posted on this year is the Texturing Tutorial thread in the VIP section. Most recent post was last year.

Anyway.....

mark_wilkins 25-01-2003 02:26 AM

The women I know who are animators tend to spend a lot less of their time than the guys talking about tools and a lot more getting work done. :)

-- Mark

Darkware 25-01-2003 02:33 AM

So do they not have questions to ask? Do they not get stuck somewhere along the line and come to the conclusion that they need some assistance? They can't possibly know everything about Maya.

Nem 25-01-2003 02:49 AM

just face it, females are too clever for us males :(

tgx 25-01-2003 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark_wilkins
The women I know who are animators tend to spend a lot less of their time than the guys talking about tools and a lot more getting work done. :)

-- Mark

LOL Mark you really do work with women. I know I tend to like to get the work done and spend time with family or friends after work. Unemployed a year now so I have lots of free time again to spend on the internet. I (personally) visit forums mostly to have someone to talk about Maya/art/new plugins with. No game developer group meetings near me. Also, Simply Maya forums has a professional level which was much needed for many years now. I'm sure there are more women here just hard to tell with all the handles being used rather than real names. My regular forum handle was already being used.
Darkware - My work over the last year has been on a short film with a group of two other people which will not be shown until this August. I'm sure I could pull some screenshots from it after the film festival and enter it into the gallery.

:beer:

mtmckinley 25-01-2003 07:47 AM

Yeah, I had an interview last month, and I only met 1 female developer in the whole company. :p

Kevin 25-01-2003 09:53 AM

blondie used to regular here but she moved house...and havnt heard to much from her since... shes great and done some great work!

tariqrf 25-01-2003 01:51 PM

yeah... thats the only femme i know on simplymaya - bloooondieeee

brian_ellebracht 25-01-2003 04:27 PM

You know there is one here on this site, does anybody else know? I will give you a hint, Here screen name has "Smile" in it.
Brian

tariqrf 25-01-2003 04:31 PM

)v( ?????

Blondie 25-01-2003 05:40 PM

Thanks Kevin :)

I'm still around...still learning and playing in Maya. And I still frequent here quite a bit...more in lurking mode than anything else though.

I think tgx maybe right..there are more of us here...just hard telling by their nicks. ;)

ps. Nice pics of you and your family Kev.......seeeeee I have been watching ;)

Darkware 25-01-2003 05:54 PM

FEMALE! *points his finger at Blondie and runs after her*

Blondie 25-01-2003 05:55 PM

*hides* :D

tariqrf 25-01-2003 06:49 PM

hehe... good to see you blondie... and what pic... never seen a pic of kev before

Kevin 25-01-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blondie
Thanks Kevin :)

I'm still around...still learning and playing in Maya. And I still frequent here quite a bit...more in lurking mode than anything else though.

I think tgx maybe right..there are more of us here...just hard telling by their nicks. ;)

ps. Nice pics of you and your family Kev.......seeeeee I have been watching ;)

hey sexy!! great to see you about!

I was thinking you had run of to one of those "other" simplymaya wanna bee sites LOL