Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   oldThread (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33443)

murambi 18-12-2009 09:27 AM

oldThread

1 Attachment(s)
hi all this is just a model from a previous thread that i thought i should redo so heres the final product.backplates are courtesy of hdri locations

Ozgalis 19-12-2009 05:46 AM

it looks fantastic! the only thing im not sure of (might suppose to be there cant really tell) is that crease right in the center of the back window, cant tell if its from the reflection or if there is a lip there

G-Man 19-12-2009 07:53 AM

Ozgalis, if you look closely, ( unless i see a different 'crease' ) that is a reflection of the, would be horizon line in the background, upon quick inspection you'll see that it continues top and bottom of the window along the body panels of the car, as well you'll notice small inconsistencies in the line, which translate into trees and the like along the 'horizon' of the image that's used for the hdr.

also, chances are a crease like you though that might be, would be dead center of the model, where it was mirrored / duplicated across the axis, if the artist so chose to model it that way, at least, that would be the most likely place for that type of crease mentioned.
;)

Murambi
Nice work,
Only three crits i would have, the shadow for the bottom of the car seems to be a bit off form the apparent light source in the background image.
also, from the ambient brightness of the sky in the background image used, I'd say that the area around the car should be a bit brighter,
Third, the car its self has a plastic/game feel to it.
All in all, i like the work. Model looks very clean.

G-man

Dango77 19-12-2009 08:42 AM

I think Ozgalis was meaning the crease that runs horizontally across the back window. But it doesn't look like modelling error, it looks more like the seam from the HDRI image to me. If you notice that the ground in the reflection has a rather large step in it half way up, and the clouds a slightly smaller one.
I think that was what he was meaning anyway!

Ozgalis 19-12-2009 11:00 AM

aye Dango that's what i was looking at, I have no idea what it is and don't think i have enough experience in lighting and rendering...or what ever would cause that to know if someone explained it to me either (since its not a modeling error).

Chirone 19-12-2009 11:51 AM

it looks more like the window is small to me...

Dango77 19-12-2009 02:07 PM

Aha! I think you're right actually Chirone, well spotted!

stwert 19-12-2009 07:39 PM

Yeah, I think that's the size of the window. The point where the spoiler is attached is smooth all the way up to the "crease". Is it just me or does the environment look a bit skewed?

murambi 20-12-2009 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks all and yeah i studied abit of the gt2 and gt3 porsche's the back window is kinda a small so i changed abit of the lighting to try and match up the light source