Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What was the last thing you donated (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35343)

bullet1968 24-03-2011 01:42 PM

What was the last thing you donated

Following Master Davids lead...and seeing most of the news on current world situations is pretty grim..I would like to start this thread on things humans CAN do for others...despite our differences. So I will start off

The last thing my mob donated were clothes and toys (every 6 months). We had a clean out of the boys rooms and gave (as usual) anything unused to the Good Samaritans for re-use and added memories for some one else less fortunate than us. Our boys grow quickly and they have the usual hand me downs...when they are either too small or just 'not cool Dad'..my partner washes and sanitises clothes/toys and we make the 'family' excursion and donate them...hopefully to be enjoyed by young uns whose parents cant afford the normal things we take for granted.

Any takers on this thread?

cheers bullet

tweetytunes 24-03-2011 02:14 PM

Last thing donated was Blood (and became an organ donor) - the least I could do after going though what I have - hoping it gives someone a fighting chance.

bullet1968 24-03-2011 02:28 PM

Well done mate! I cant give blood but I have been an organ donor for 20 years...they havent taken any yet LOL.....everyone should be an organ donor I reckon mate....good to see you back man!

cheers bullet

gster123 24-03-2011 03:26 PM

£10 to comic relief and £10 to Japan (my mate shaved all his hair off appart from one eyebrow).

Nilla 24-03-2011 03:26 PM

My most excellent books "Learn Czech Step by Step" to an optimistic american who just arrived in Prague. They've caused me great grief over the years so I thought I'd pay it forward :)

G-Man 24-03-2011 05:29 PM

We have been cleaning house for the last 6 months on and off, sending stuff to the Goodwill here...( i reckon its the same type of organization that you are referring to Ant) ...

I am an organ donor as well, though i am not sure if i can actually donate...I'm a carrier for TB so i cant donate blood for sure...gotta love that..being immune to that virus, ...just glad i cant transmit it unless i give blood LoL

G-man

elephantinc 24-03-2011 05:43 PM

Not much point in me mentioning money or everyone will just say comic relief last year so I'll go for time. For a year I volunteered at a centre for underprivileged children. (It's not as much of a sob story as it sounds...)

Mayaniac 24-03-2011 09:15 PM

I was considering being an organ donor... Until I first watched The Meaning of Life.
Other than that, just money to the red cross for Haiti... and that was through my workplace. So, I probably don't do as much as I should.

stwert 25-03-2011 04:44 AM

BC Cancer Agency... and I guess tithing, part of which goes to projects in developing countries. Next up is Christian Blind Mission... projects for physical disabilities.

gubar 25-03-2011 10:31 AM

Donated some money to Red Nose Day last week and a little to Cancer Research this morning.