Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Simple Room (From a N00b) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5836)

drknow 19-05-2003 01:10 AM

Simple Room

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, Here is the first 30 minutes worth of work. The baseboards are too round, there is no furniture, and the lighting is a peice of crap(5 point lights just below the lightbulb cover). I didn't feel like making a ceiling fan, but it might be coming. The picture on the B-board looks too dark, but that is cause I took a picture with a 2 megapixel digital camera(I dont have a scanner). BTW credits to Ben Blankenship (age 8)(am I using enough parenthesis??) for the drawing. The bulletin board face texture was made with my digital camera also. The bump map on the face of the b-board is just a grey-scaled version of the texture file with a few tweaks. The tack is a little messed up. I made it in like 30 seconds with no tweaks. The wood texture on the border of the bulletin board is messed up(Ill fix it later). I dont like the color of the baseboards and the walls, but it reflects the light quite nicely. Any suggestions and/or cunstructive criticism is welcomed. Don't be too harsh, as this is the only project I have made that doesn't look like a peice of crap(just look at my cartoon self in this months challenge, hehe). If you read this, you're either really bored or have a lot of time on your hands. Anywayz, here is the fist render.

drknow 19-05-2003 01:12 AM

Another one

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for peeps with 56k(like me!!), but I like to post a lot of images. Heres a close of the bump. They need fixin'.

drknow 19-05-2003 01:13 AM

'Nother one

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a close of the pic. Bens a good artist for his age(eight). Well, not really.

drknow 19-05-2003 01:16 AM

Whew, my 56k is gettin tired

1 Attachment(s)
Close up of the tack pulled out. I did't feel like makin it pointed(im that lazy). I guess its one of those safety tacks.

drknow 19-05-2003 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the baseboards. They look rounded, but they arent. It must be the blinn. What do ya think???

drknow 19-05-2003 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, I forgot the Light

drknow 19-05-2003 11:38 AM

Any thoughts??????

drknow 19-05-2003 12:03 PM

Lamp

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a quickly made lamp. It is out of porportion, but.....Any thoughts on the texture????

mumbojumbo_13 19-05-2003 12:14 PM

nice start - is the antialiasing on production quality it just seams weird

dave_baer 19-05-2003 02:38 PM

OK. Good start. Get all your models done then go for textures, then lighting. Always texture before you light because the light will be totally different if you light a flat shaded model before applying textures to it.

Cork Board: Even in real life, you're not going to notice a bump on the cork board from a distance. Just look how close u had to get to the board to take a snapshot of the bump. Dont kill yourself over it.

Wall Trim (or whatever u call it): The white trim at the base of the walls. I've never, in my life, seen those so round like that. If that's a personal preference, then dont worry about it. Otherwise, try flattening them out a bit. Just scale them in on either the X or Z axis to flatten them and kill the specular on them a bit as well.

Light Models: They look good but need the tessalation brought up on them to get rid of the jagged edges. Round them out a bit more. Either up the spans on them in the channel box or rebuild the surfaces to make more spans.

Keep going on it. Looking forward to the final image.

:beer:

drknow 19-05-2003 03:23 PM

mumbo: Yes. Ill change the settings

dave: Thanks, I need all the help I can get. I think ill take out the bumps, it will just slow down rendering anywayz.

drknow 20-05-2003 11:44 AM

BunkBed

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a simple bunkbed in its earlier stages. Im not very good with proportions. Any help on scaling???

drknow 20-05-2003 11:46 AM

Scaled Lamp

1 Attachment(s)
Ok. I am through with the lamp(as far as modeling goes). Heres a pic.

drknow 20-05-2003 12:00 PM

After I finish the bed. I am thinking of either a dresser or a desk. Hmmmmmmm......So many choices. So little talent. hehe.

drknow 20-05-2003 12:02 PM

I feel like I am talking to myself here, BTW.