Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Space Fighter (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5562)

Blinn 01-05-2003 11:40 PM

Space Fighter

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is my first post in this section, (bout damn time), and I wasn't even sure if I should. I got the modeling how I want it, but haven't started texturing it. I figure that will be a whole other project though, so this one is done! (if that logic makes any sense).

C&C please

M 02-05-2003 12:24 AM

Wow, it looks great! I love the missle turret thing above the cockpit! One thing i can say about that render.. the noise is great (is it shake?).. but i think it needs a bit of dof :). Lets see different renders :D.

Blinn 02-05-2003 12:42 AM

dof?? Sorry, still a newb, you'll have to explain.

Actually the noise is photoshop.

thanks for the reply.

EagleKing 02-05-2003 12:33 PM

great stuff...doesnt look like newb stuff

M 02-05-2003 04:46 PM

Heheh, yea.. blinn i would of thought you would of known that... jeeze, ashamed. LOL, j/k man.. good that you asked the question though.. as im about to tell you :). DOF stands for "Depth of field", and in real life if you focus on your finger infront of you, everything behind it is blurry to an extent.... the farther something is deep, the more blurry it becomes in the image. You can use DOF in the Render Globals. Theres a check mark there that says DOF.. i dont know any more than that though.. as i am also a noob :p. It doesnt look like a noobie model though.. so great job!

Blinn 02-05-2003 04:53 PM

Hah do i ever feel like an idiot.
But thanks for the explanation!

Alan 03-05-2003 04:29 PM

hey good work! :D I love the big missiles and the cockpit window, my only crit is that the scene seems very over saturated. The white has been washed out by the level of the lights. You should knock down the intensity of your lights a bit to bring up the detail on the ship.

Alan

Blinn 03-05-2003 08:37 PM

Yep for sure, I agree,
the render took quite a while so I took the first one, but I will re-render soon with less intensity.
Thanks for the feedback

Vectorman 05-05-2003 12:07 AM

looks AWESOME !!! one thing tho, i take it you let go of doing low poly? Hehe. Cool lets see a shot of it in the sky (composite with any old sky shot) and you could do a quicky photoshop afterburner!!

Blinn 05-05-2003 01:12 AM

Yeah, i still have the low poly model, but seeing as how I will be taking bitmaps and using those in the game, I decided to smooth it out some. I'll render out a quick one with the star scene and post in a few.

dave_baer 05-05-2003 03:54 PM

1. Get rid of the light box. It takes away from the model itself. You can achieve the same effect by simply placing a white shaded plane above it and render using Mentalray (and Im assuming u used some sort of GI in this render).

2. Use a bit of a higher/lower angle so we can see more of the plane. The front half looks interesting, but you loose detail past the missle turrets. What's on the back? What's underneath? does it have landing gear? Cause it looks like it's just floating there.

3. I also assume this is just to show off the model, but it's not always necessary to have it fully reflective like that unless it actually has one of those super-fancy high gloss custom paint jobs. And, if you are going to have it fully reflective, go with a color other than white. Again, you lose detail, its hard to make out shapes, and it's really bright when reflecting white light.

Textures would really make this puppy stand out too. Or is it supposed to be all white like that?

Good start. But could stand a bit more detail.

>beer:

said 13-05-2003 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by M
You can use DOF in the Render Globals. Theres a check mark there that says DOF.. i dont know any more than that though.. as
Hi M!

I didn't find this DOF check mark in the Render Globals. I use 4.5 complete version. Maybe is it on another location?

Thanks.

Mário.

Blinn 14-05-2003 05:18 PM

I beleive it is actually in the camera atributes.

dave_baer 19-05-2003 02:50 PM

yup. camera attributes.

M 23-05-2003 06:12 AM

Gah, see.. im always wrong.. :P.. thats why people that are uncertain shouldnt give advice.