Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Car Tutorial (91 k image) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6782)

Kevin 09-07-2003 09:53 AM

The Car Tutorial (91 k image)

1 Attachment(s)
ello amigos

After receiving quite a few requests for a car / patch modeling tutorial - I have caved in to the pressure and have started doing one :)

All about it and what it will cover:

Laying down curves
rebuilding curves
using Bi-rail 1,2 and 3
using boundary
loft options
rebuilding surfaces
stitching
attaching curves, and patches
projecting curves

Plus a load of other cool stuff.

The tutorial will lay out the car as "clean" as possible, as you can see from the sreenshot I have focussed on keeping patches running smooth for a nicer finish...

The car below is only still having surfaces built, so the end result will obviously be a lot better... I just wanted to keep you guys informed.

I am guessing at this point that the car tutorial to the point below will take a few hrs. Havnt quite decided if the tutorial will go on to video or in the vip area (perhaps even both)

So far to this point there have been 3 parts recorded and then then it will go to dave who will output in a very high quality DIVX format.

BTW . I have choosen this car as it is challenging enough to get to grips with all the tools and will look great when complete yet remains a little easy to do due to its "normal" look :)

any questions then please feel free to ask.

mumbojumbo_13 09-07-2003 11:59 AM

YAY :D

Alan 09-07-2003 12:29 PM

no there's too many cars on this site already it's getting VERY boring to in the WIP!! :( just kidding (but it is getting kinda repetitive!!) ;)

Alan

Cyrius 09-07-2003 12:37 PM

YES YES YES i save my vip point to download those tutorial in DIVX oohhhhh YESSSSSS thx thx thx kev :D :) :D

Alan 09-07-2003 12:42 PM

oh kev what have you started..... :( lol

Kevin 09-07-2003 12:52 PM

alan...just for your infomation there will be a jeep one to

EagleKing 09-07-2003 01:32 PM

well...I don't want o buy vip points.
oh wait I am life time member

-yada ... yada .. yada- :D :D :D :D

:P

I am a sod I know :D

Yes we know. :p

Alan 09-07-2003 01:44 PM

Quote:

alan...just for your infomation there will be a jeep one to
Well that's cool at least it's not another Impreza or something ;) Just hoping that people realise there's more to this industry than modelling women, sci fi and cars..... ;)

Alan

mtmckinley 09-07-2003 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
Just hoping that people realise there's more to this industry than modelling women, sci fi and cars..... ;)

Alan

yeah, there's also NAKED women! :D

Alan 09-07-2003 02:15 PM

lol yep there's them too ;)

I-Iybrid 09-07-2003 03:31 PM

Modeling cars for me is fun. Before, I didnt know all too much about cars. Now that I model them, I got to know more and more about them after each one I model. I like to think of it as a learning experience. :)

Witchy 09-07-2003 05:26 PM

And naked cars!

Ahem.

Jeep one sounds interesting.

daveatpressac 11-07-2003 04:51 AM

Im looking forward to seeing the tutorial, How long do you think it will be ? How about taking iy a step further and animating the roof coming down as it turns into a convertable???

Could be good,,, you know you want to!