Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   HP6... Sweet! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32675)

honestdom 30-06-2009 09:07 PM

HP6... Sweet!

I just got a cast and crew screening ticket for the new harry potter movie :D

its on this Saturday... Awesome!

sometimes my job isn't so bad. :beer:

Chirone 30-06-2009 11:37 PM

wait... does this mean we should look out for your name on the credits?? :D

honestdom 01-07-2009 09:10 AM

nope, i've not worked on any films! I just got the ticket through being in the right place... and asking for it. :D

I'm a big fan of the movies. I guess they are the reason i started learning 3D, before that i had no idea about 3D graphics.

Jay 01-07-2009 09:19 PM

Cool we got em too at Cinesite...hehehe.

Jay

Chirone 01-07-2009 09:29 PM

*sniff sniff* want to trade jobs? :p

murambi 02-07-2009 07:37 AM

im bloody envious:p

honestdom 03-07-2009 11:47 AM

Re: HP6... Sweet!

Quote:

Originally posted by hammer.horror
sometimes my job isn't so bad.
i take this back... my job is bad.

gster123 03-07-2009 11:51 AM

Sounds good.

Why's your job bad? Thought you liked it?

honestdom 03-07-2009 12:06 PM

ach, there was a position as a render wrangler available for a temporary time, so i applied but they gave it to a less qualified candidate. They said she seemed more enthusiastic... gutted.

Its annoying as i know i was the better applicant, but i'm not a jump around and be over the top kind of guy. This girl has been running for the same length of time as i've been learning maya, shake and camera tracking software, and i still have to give her advice on how to use maya and whatever.... she can't even use linux!!

stwert 03-07-2009 03:56 PM

Sorry to hear that... that really sucks. Maybe there's a chance that they'll realize they made a mistake and offer you the spot...
What does a render wrangler do?

Jay 05-07-2009 07:32 PM

Dom

enthusiasm counts for a hell of a lot in the industry...regardless of whether you are telling her stuff, the point is she wants to show her mettle, learn and get on with it. I would suggest you do the same if it means that much to you.

'if ya gonna shoot , then shoot - dont talk....

Jay

mastone 05-07-2009 08:04 PM

Hi Hammer

" ach, there was a position as a render wrangler available for a temporary time, so i applied but they gave it to a less qualified candidate"

-They probably thought otherwise, i don't know if you talk like that at work aswell, but if i were the guy evaluating someone that talked about their colleagues like that the other person would already had a head start.
And people who ask are open minded and not affraid to be called stupid but let their enthousiasm for their work guide them and those people tend to get a lot further.

" Its annoying as i know i was the better applicant, but i'm not a jump around and be over the top kind of guy"
-Apparently you do :)

".... she can't even use linux!!"
-Me neither, unless.........I have a hammer :)

What are you complaining about anyways, I know a couple of people from Brittain who are struggling to even have a job and there you are working at MPC(i pressume), a company where you can grow since there are a lot of talented people who are working there you are getting free tickets to the new Harry Potter movie and al you can do is complain.
You should enjoy your work not be envious of people who just get lucky or finally achieve something for themselves.
What's a goal if you don't enjoy the road to it?

honestdom 05-07-2009 09:17 PM

I was annoyed because I was enthusiastic. I went to the wrangling dept 2 months before the job was advertised to find out what they do and then i was there again a couple of weeks ago. I was the one that told this girl that i had applied for the job and that i was excited about it.

Mastone - You don't know me, so to say that i'm complaining is just insulting. maybe you should keep your assessments about me to yourself, seeing as you don't know all the facts... you just sound self-righteous and patronising.

gster123 06-07-2009 06:43 AM

How was the screening

honestdom 06-07-2009 02:10 PM

ACE! ...really impressive smoke effects.