Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   subdivision modelling... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8015)

otaku 19-09-2003 12:37 PM

subdivision modelling...

my teacher showing me easy techs of subdivisions modelling tools of maya how ya like it?

:) ;) http://otaku.palindrom.ch/manga_elfe_test.jpg

Kurt 19-09-2003 01:30 PM

Nice little character.....

NoTalent 19-09-2003 08:25 PM

I like it! Are you going to send us some updates?.
My machine does not handle Sub-D's all that well, but I like the way they (could) work, so domed to do Poly's

Chris

otaku 20-09-2003 07:38 AM

smal details more

1 Attachment(s)
now she haves real eyes only color of iris should be added...
and some skin shader must be created...
Body is now in progress

please add some critices about detailes!

:rolleyes:

3dgurl 20-09-2003 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i see you are trying to make an anime character in 3d... my suggestion is you remove the nostrils, unless you pan on making a somewhat realistic anime character in which case there are even more changes i would suggest... =)

which look are you going for?
this one?

adldesigner 20-09-2003 08:07 AM

I don´t think he´s actually aiming for a 3d anime character. I think he´s just testing techniques and wants to know what else can he add into the model.

My personal opinion would be that this model as-is is going in a diferent art direction than anime, and as such I would keep on developing this particular style.

3dgurl 20-09-2003 09:15 AM

deveras? ^_^

well if you think so maybe you are right, uno nunca sabe =)

ademas, eres un encarcado de foro y tal vez sabes halgo que yo no sepa.

translation:
Really?^_^
one never knows =)
on top of this, you are a moderator and maybe you know something i don't ;P

i guess maybe you are correct but we will see.. i was guessing an anime char since his name IS otaku and his char DOES resemble anime-style design.

adldesigner 20-09-2003 09:37 AM

Lol, gracias por el sarcasmo. :p

I felt this piece actually had more of that french-I-don´t-know-what´s-called art direction. You know, those french strange characters. ;)

I didn´t feel it was anime perse, although your points are valid. His profile name is Otaku after all.

As per the moderator bit, I don´t think it has a lot to do with that. Truth to be told there´re far better artists than I am around the site. :p

otaku 20-09-2003 10:50 AM

all right 3dgurl its a anime character ^_^

yeah that give some battle elve ^^

this image you added is cute nice 3dgurl!

;)

yeah and otaku means simply freak in japanese! BUT MY TEACHER IS TO freaky.

im a anime-maya freak! :D

right!
(( i guess maybe you are correct but we will see.. i was guessing an anime char since his name IS otaku and his char DOES resemble anime-style design.))

our goal will be to make a BLAME!-manga in CGI
(look for my avatar its killy and cibo)

^-^ ^_^
could somebody explaning what means "nostrils"
im sorry but its not in my brain-memory of english :p

Zyk0tiK 20-09-2003 12:21 PM

nostril is the holes in your nose.

and may i tell you to ignore 3DGurl, that thing looks awesome, removing nostrils and her "millions of other things to do" would totally ruin it.

otaku 20-09-2003 01:13 PM

alright!

ok thanks for explanation Zyk0tik ^_^
thanks for the flowers
:D

(( and may i tell you to ignore 3DGurl, that thing looks awesome, removing nostrils and her "millions of other things to do" would totally ruin it. ))

Yeah i will because i think its more realistic looking and it will look very cute when facial expression is animated.

:beer:

adldesigner 20-09-2003 04:54 PM

Hey, actually 3dgurl could give very good pointers as she has done to others in the forum.
Easy on those words guys.

We weren´t even battling.
We were discussing our points. :)

slickrenderer 20-09-2003 07:06 PM

Nice one Otaku ;-)

3dgurl 21-09-2003 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ves lo que pasa?

pues si, gracias por no tomar mi sarcasmo de manera mala =)~

btw Zyk, if you have any problems pm me.

Otaku my comments are from being an otaku myself.
The reason your character does not look 100% to me is the nostrils and shape of the nose.

I know its is a WIP and i like it but i am telling you what i do not like about it as well. Also keep in mind you may do your work more harm than good by ignoring people's feedback.

if you plan on going for realistic anime-style i suggest going for a look similar to this:

dragonfx 21-09-2003 08:30 AM

and remove the "eyes pointing to camera constraint", its a feature that i quickly learnt that usually everyone finds creepy :D