Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Dango - "Taking it too far" Horror Challenge *may contain gore/shocking imagary...* (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34342)

Dango77 15-08-2010 07:07 AM

Dango - "Taking it too far" Horror Challenge *may contain gore/shocking imagary...*

Right,
the idea for mine is going to be set in a horror fanatics bedroom, obsessed with all things gory he's taken it too far, kidnapped someone and is in the process of killing them when the door opens and we (the viewer) walks in and catches him.

Not sure exactly how I'm going to go about this, but I'm just going to start modelling the bedroom and characters and see how it goes!

Onward and gutwards.....

daverave 15-08-2010 08:10 AM

didnt you model your bed room once but we never saw your bed I wonder why?...........LOL........dave

Dango77 15-08-2010 09:19 AM

Hahaha, evidence needed to be disposed of Dave.....lol.....

I moved during the modelling of my bedroom, so didn't get to finish it, thought of redoing it my new place but work took over and just didn't get the time to do anything art wise at all.

Thankfully I have had Maya open again today for the first time in months and have made a start! I'd forgotten how much I'd missed it.

gster123 15-08-2010 09:28 AM

Nice Idea Dango!

Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Steve

bullet1968 15-08-2010 09:34 PM

Thats why being a fisherman is an advantage Dango...especially over here where the white pointers roam!!! (Great Whit shark for those who didnt understandy my Aussie slang)

Good luck mate

cheers bullet

ben hobden 15-08-2010 11:11 PM

ditto on the good idea. should be good!

Dango77 16-08-2010 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, hoping it will be good too! lol

Have made a start today on the set, just going for a typical horror fanatic teenage boys room at the moment.
Decided an attic room would be cool, filled with horror paraphernalia, plus some real things the kid has added himself (chains on wall, knife rack, torture tools etc lying about) and will probably add wooden boards over the skylight (not needed for anything but the guy likes how it looks).
Also may add a guitar in the room that has barbwire strings (had to get that in there incase anyone else thought of it....lol).
Have also made a start on the main character but will wait to post anything to do with him until he's looking a little better.

bullet1968 16-08-2010 11:29 AM

good start guys...Im getting there...I still dont know what to do.

Nice room should look sweet Dango

cheers bullet

ben hobden 16-08-2010 11:56 AM

The great thing about this is your imagination (and then your cpu's capacity) really are the limit. This is a scene id like to have a go at, any bit of space to just fill with something cool. Lots of opportunities for playing with lighting and materials. This has got fun written all over it.

Dango77 20-08-2010 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Bullet and Ben,

I know the main idea for the comp is the character, but once I get an idea in my head all else goes out the window, lol.

The character will probably end up taking a bit of a backseat to the overall scene, but I'll do my best to make him look as menacing as possible!

I haven't had any time until this afternoon to do anything, but I got weapon number 1 done, a machete he'll be holding in one hand. May redo the blood splatters a bit though.
The second weapon will most likely be a chainsaw, I've got it half built, just need to finish the back of it off, then texture it.

The fun part about doing a scene like this is if you get bored of character modelling, you can switch to set design, or props etc, then back again. Endless hours of creative fun! Yay!

daverave 20-08-2010 03:21 PM

I know the character is the main comp but if you have two creations about the same then I would look at the setting as well, I think Stwert is doing some thing like yours(a scene)?............dave

gster123 20-08-2010 03:43 PM

Nice start mate!

There was a guy here ages ago who did something similar for a challenge, cant for the life of me remember who it was or for what challenge.

He was doing a indian god though at one point. I'll have a look.

Dango77 20-08-2010 03:51 PM

Dave:
Yeah I think Stwerts doing something similar, I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with! But as with many of us, work gets in the way of 3d (dammit!) so just have to hope everyone gets the time to get some done.

Steve:

Thanks mate, sounds interesting, let me know if you find out what challenge and who it was that did it, would like to take a look.

Should have some more updates ready over the weekend, probably on the chainsaw and the room, but I want to make a bit of progress on at least one of the two characters in the scene too! Fingers crossed I'll get some spare time...lol

gster123 20-08-2010 04:02 PM

Found the bugger!

http://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...ighlight=vedic kings&pagenumber=1

Dango77 20-08-2010 04:11 PM

Nice one!

That's pretty cool, I was thinking to do the chains from the ceiling etc! May have to rethink that part now....

But similar to what I was thinking of going for!