Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LOTR: Return of the King Trailer (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8168)

NitroLiq 29-09-2003 08:59 PM

LOTR: Return of the King Trailer

http://www.lordoftherings.net/index_rotk_trailer.html

Kevin 29-09-2003 09:04 PM

now dont even get me started on this over-rated heap of shite either ! :D

NitroLiq 29-09-2003 09:13 PM

What can I say? Im a sucker for elven architecture and matte paintings.

adldesigner 29-09-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NitroLiq
What can I say? Im a sucker for elven architecture and matte paintings.
Me too. :cool:

Ultragames 29-09-2003 11:26 PM

LOTR KICKS ASS OF ALL MOVIES!! Can't wait. Kev man, yuz gotst some issues with good movies! ;) :D

3djoe 30-09-2003 12:33 AM

No kidding I love these movies! I couldnt see the hipe on Matrix but LOTR is my all time favorite.

Sorry Kevin:p

Kevin 30-09-2003 07:39 AM

harry potter /LOTR (all version) and the matrix 2 =

The most over hyped junk ever to invade our screens, I was so board during LOTR2 I left with a about 20 mins to go, I just couldnt take it, I looked over and see my wife and jodie (aged 5) both asleep!

I wont even go near LOTR 3 ...no way!

genius995 30-09-2003 07:51 AM

Come master! Come to Smeagol.
Can't wait till december 17th :)

dragonfx 30-09-2003 10:56 AM

i agree in that they are the most hyped pieces of junk ever, but its a seeable junk kev, much better than lots of other movies out there...

lol, you just wernt out of the cinema when the the big battles started in lotr2? heheheheheheeee...

NitroLiq 30-09-2003 01:15 PM

My biggest hangup with Two Towers film was with how they ended it earlier than its book counterpart. If they had followed the book a bit more, the setup for the final chapter would've been more of a cliffhanger similar to how Empire Strikes Back set up Return of the Jedi. I can understand why they probably did it, though...for pacing reasons. The last book is primarily Frodo, Sam, and Gollum climbing about mordor while everyone else is wrapped in war with Mordor's armies....not much variance there so including cirith ungol/shelob's lair gives a bit more variety.

LotR and the Hobbit hold a special place in my heart as those were really the first books that got me avidly hooked on reading as a kid and honestly, I'd rather sit and read them than watch a movie. Still, the folks at weta, the cast, and peter jackson worked hard on the film and I think it's a good interpretation. It may not be for everyone, though.

mtmckinley 30-09-2003 01:18 PM

Love the expressions on Gollum's face and the transitions between them!

NitroLiq 30-09-2003 01:22 PM

Definitely. There's a scene in the trailer where Sam wants Frodo to dump Gollum and Frodo refuses. You just see Gollum shoot Sam the most sinister smile.

Ultragames 30-09-2003 11:08 PM

I think they cut out Shelob, to make sure the last movie was the best.

Kev man, the last 20 min, are the best. Realy, i think you hate all the REALY good movies. What kinda movies do you like "Dude wheres my car" kind stuff? I dun know how oyu dont like it.

David 30-09-2003 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ultragames
Kev man, the last 20 min, are the best. Realy, i think you hate all the REALY good movies. What kinda movies do you like "Dude wheres my car" kind stuff? I dun know how oyu dont like it.
Both myself and my flat mate walked out of the cinema during the TT, personally i think you like all the really bad movies, but each to there own, my mum loved both the movies so far. Theres no accounting for taste.

And no Kev dont like many comedies just FYI.

Every one likes different things, I though the books we're crap as well so i was pretty much a shoe in not to like any of the movies.

David :)

NitroLiq 01-10-2003 01:40 AM

And you call yourself British! Bah! :)