Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March Challenge - undseth - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4273)

undseth 01-03-2003 07:10 PM

March Challenge - undseth - Normal

Reserved :)

To be continued...

Garry1953 01-03-2003 09:31 PM

Congrads on the Last Comp.

Looking forward to your new model.

undseth 01-03-2003 11:48 PM

Thanks Garry!

Let me also say I think you did a very good job in the competition! :)

For my project I have discarded several rough ideas.

I thought aobut a space ship, a flying car, and vague robot. So in the spirit of coming up with crazy ideas, I proudly present my idea for the March competition;

...a time machine...

Have no clue what so ever how it's going to look like, but I take the challenge. I should have a sketch up soon. Come on... how hard can it be to build a time-machine...?

M 02-03-2003 12:34 AM

Ah great idea :D. Just please, please PLEASE dont do the typical time machine with the grandfather clock in the back, and the normal seat... try to make it really cool :D. If you do want to do that old school style, then thats fine as well.. its your model :).

undseth 03-03-2003 07:54 PM

I'm doing some sketches. Initially I though about making a primitive time-machine, but now I think I'll do an entire scene with some high-tech look to it, and not some steelo I beams and the ususal construction materials.

undseth 04-03-2003 05:56 PM

I feel the urge to compete now as the number of participants have been added.

Although I propably arent up to a massive modeling scheme here, this is my thoughs;

I'll throw away my idea about a time machine, and go with something that caught my interest as I woke up today and thought about my not-too-interesting-idea-for-the-challenge.

I'll do a little cheat, and model half a female looking robot/cyborg/android (what's the difference?). Battered up and damaged. A half gourgeous, half mechanic look to it. Frontal/dorsal nudity will be applied.

I'll start right away with sketching :D

Yeah, now I'm in the mood for modeling.

Want to mention that I bought a book about maya programming for mel and c++ yesterday. I have read through the first 80 pages and I have learned alot I feel. It's been ten years since I last tried to grasp some programming. Back then it was for something called "asmone" (i think) for my Commodore Amiga 500 machine. It had 1 (!) MB ram to play with.

Anyway, I'm off.

Kevin 04-03-2003 06:07 PM

good fellow!! get sketching mate!

brian_ellebracht 04-03-2003 06:11 PM

Can't wait to see your sketch!
Brian

undseth 04-03-2003 06:41 PM

I'll do a specific female aka a woman. I'll never tell who it is, it will be a secret all the way through, for the fun of it.
Dont ask me who I'm modeling folks, I'll never tell.

Who, knows, maybe I hit jackpot in my modeling.

undseth 04-03-2003 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The best sketch I made out of four.

M 05-03-2003 12:20 AM

Ah sweet! Now what i would do is raise the top part high enough so you can stand in it, and make the top and bottom smaller, so that your width just fits in it.. then add some cool tubing to the top and bottom :D. But, i could see this being very cool as well :). Good job undseth.

undseth 05-03-2003 03:34 AM

My little polygon monster

1 Attachment(s)
Actually it's not that bad. The floor which is not shown, has a face count of 250.000, so I might do it differently.

Anyway, this is some kind of high tech repair facility. The tools and some other stuff is missing.

M 05-03-2003 04:14 AM

Wow, looking nice so far :D. Yea, it needs lots of tools :D. Very nice though dag.. keep it up.

undseth 05-03-2003 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good to hear. Too bad that the surrounding wont be seen as much in my final rendering, as the focus will be on the female cyborg (or whatever one calls it :) ).

Most things are now polys, though the walls are nurbs for the moment.

mtmckinley 05-03-2003 05:34 AM

nice job. :)