Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Modeling (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Surface (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32649)

Kenitai 25-06-2009 07:06 PM

Surface

Hi everyone,

Eversince today, I started fiddling with

And eversince today, I started fiddling with Maya 8.5 and it looks interesting. The only problem is, how do I make a visual surface on a simple cube in Perspective mode?
Up to now I've done fiddling up to atleast 5 hours, but couldn't work out how... Any help?

For Nurbs as wel as Polygons.

~Ken

gster123 25-06-2009 07:15 PM

What? Visual surface?

Maybe press 5, other than that I dont know what your after, maybe be a little more descriptive and post a picture?

Dango77 25-06-2009 07:21 PM

I think he means how to get it out of wireframe as that's the mode it's in when you create a primitive, if that's the case, it's as simple as hitting 5 on your keyboard as Gster has said Kenitai, or in your view port, go to Shading> Smoothshade all, or for the flat surface and the wireframe shown, Shading>Wireframe on Shaded, hope that's helped, if that's not what you meant please explain further!

gster123 25-06-2009 07:42 PM

If thats the case I really feel it would help out if people actually watched the intro movies or even looked in the help files before diving inn blindly and posting a confusing question.

If it's not the case please accept my apologies.

Kenitai 26-06-2009 11:22 AM

I really feel kind of dumb, by not knowing to use the keyboard for checking things out. :headbang: So yeah, 5 did the trick.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll use the keyboard for clues from now on!

Dango77 26-06-2009 11:32 AM

What Gster was saying is use the help files that come with Maya first, check them out and have a bit of a practice.
They are located in the main menu bar>Help. At the top, on the far right hand side.
There's a lot of info that will answer topics like the question you asked, plus tutorials to give you a bit of a start.
Then if there's something that you don't understand, or you can't find there, post a question on the forum, checking that out first will save yourself and others a lot of time.Questions like the one you asked aren't stupid ones so don't feel bad, it's just you have all the basic information there in the program.
Don't feel dumb, everyone has to begin somewhere!

Chirone 29-06-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gster123
If thats the case I really feel it would help out if people actually watched the intro movies or even looked in the help files before diving inn blindly and posting a confusing question.

If it's not the case please accept my apologies.

agreed on watching the movies at start up

i don't know how anyone bypasses those... they appear on start up and you really can't do much without them if you know nothing...

chuthin 26-07-2009 02:38 AM

Mayaniac 26-07-2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chuthin
Woah! Chirone! Since when did you get an echo!?

That's not fair!.... I'm jealous!