Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Realism-carrot juice (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4707)

carrot juice 23-03-2003 02:25 AM

Realism-carrot juice

I have decided to join and model a katana. my reference (the real thing, not a model) is leather wrapped, with lots of nice and intricate detail. I have worked on it for about an hour so far, and I have a preliminary image ready.

carrot juice 23-03-2003 02:29 AM

here is the image

here it is- no textures yet, and an incomplete model.
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Karon\My Documents\Ben's drawings\katana stage I.bmp[/IMG]

carrot juice 23-03-2003 02:31 AM

oops!it didn't work. how to attatch an image?

mumbojumbo_13 23-03-2003 03:23 AM

go to post reply at the bottom the little bubble button
then near the end of the page that comes up click on browse and selct the image you want to post

tariqrf 23-03-2003 08:17 AM

and you could convert it to a .jpeg ... :)

carrot juice 23-03-2003 03:31 PM

I just did that, and it gave me an error message. let me see if I did it right.

bottom of page> post reply> down to bottom> attatch file> browse> open the file.

M 26-03-2003 03:09 AM

Are you sure its a valid format? Best bet is to go with a jpeg. Also yes, when you make a new post (reply) then at the bottom where it has the box and the browse beside it, click that and navigate to the pic. Could possibly be the wrong format, cookies disabled (eh, maybe), security on your system, or your through some kinda router or hub and you need to foreward certain ports :P. Hope you get it working though seeing I want to see your progress, i love swords, katanas especially.

carrot juice 27-03-2003 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yet again, a try at posting images. converted to Jpeg and enabled all cookies:(

carrot juice 27-03-2003 03:58 AM

HOORAY!! I CAN PARTICIPATE!

1 Attachment(s)
Now that it works, here's a detail of the handle.

mumbojumbo_13 27-03-2003 11:49 AM

wow nice reflection :D

carrot juice 31-03-2003 07:01 PM

hey mister moderator man,
I was browsing through the futuristic robot competition where I noticed that there was some kind of eagle thing with only a final render-no progress images. since I couldn't post for awhile, the pictures I posted were the latest...
do you need my progress images?
if you need a view of the modelling window, which I will happily provide, you'll have to tell me how to do a screen capture of the window (not a render) because I don't know how.

cb8rwh 31-03-2003 07:06 PM

to capture the screen press ALT-Printscreen (printscreen is found above insert and delete keys)

this puts a copy of the current window in the clipboard - you can paste into a new photshop etc document and crop it down to whatever you want.

doodle 01-04-2003 01:39 AM

You dont even have to press ALT, just Print Screen will do

Emo 01-04-2003 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
You dont even have to press ALT, just Print Screen will do
that will work too but if you press ALT it will take a screen shot ONLY of the apliaction on Focus and nothing else...

-Emo

M 01-04-2003 02:29 AM

Yea, a wireframe would be nice :). Please, I am aware of the other models and will take that into account. Just remember, that the reason i ask that is because some would just take a model they made over a long period of time, and post a final render, or just another image on the web. A wireframe would show me you made it, and the progress shots would of been even better from the start of the competition. Anyways, its fine this time.. but now that you know how to post images, hopefully it will be fine from now on. BTW, my nickname is M :).