Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   finished foggy bridge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4509)

silviapalara 11-03-2003 02:48 AM

finished foggy bridge

1 Attachment(s)
I think it's done.

BabyDuck 11-03-2003 11:17 AM

oh wow. looks great. maybe the waves on the water are a little bit too big - makes the bridge look amaller than it is.

keep it up :banana:

dannyngan 12-03-2003 05:39 AM

That's looking really nice. I agree with BabyDuck's comment about the size of the waves. Also, the scale of the bump map on the cement base seems too large. As with the waves, it makes the bridge look really small.

silviapalara 17-03-2003 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much for the suggestions!!!
I think what happens is that I get so used to looking at my works that I can't look at them objectively anymore.
I have tried to apply the suggestions you guys gave me. Any better this way now?

Hidalgo 17-03-2003 11:06 PM

I like it.

The city in the background is nice.

I think a few more cars on the bridge would work too.

Good work!

silviapalara 17-03-2003 11:55 PM

I know, you did say before about adding more cars... And now you force me to reveal why I didn't!!!! I would like to say it is a
compositional decision... Well, partially... it does add to the loomy atmosphere, I think... But the truth is that the car you see is the simplest silliest car you can ever model, and if I was to add more cars, especially in the foreground, I would have to model them seriously... which I am not too good at... So it is mostly laziness...

One thing I would like to ask to everybody is how to texture the cylinders that make up the foundations of the bridge without it
swirling around in concentric circles. Anyone?

[icarus_uk] 18-03-2003 12:55 AM

Its a poly cylinder? You could map each face seperately. Its time conusming but would work well.

silviapalara 18-03-2003 05:16 AM

Thanks for the tip! It didn't seem to make a difference, but thank you anyway. I also tried the texture options in the Polygon menu and the Projection mode seems to eliminate the concentric mapping, but it looks really flat.

Cyrius 19-03-2003 12:30 PM

how did u do the sea ! it looks like very amazing !!:banana:

silviapalara 19-03-2003 08:38 PM

Wow, thank you Cyrius, that is some compliment!
The sea is a soft body with a turbulence field, and on top of that I put a variation of the "ocean wave" shader you find in the Alias | Wavefront web site. That shader is great, you can change parameters and get an endless number of variations: calm water, stormy water, sunny day, overcast day, shallow water, deep water, you name it.

Cyrius 20-03-2003 04:05 PM

thx a lot mate !!! for me your water loke like the fluid effects in maya 4.5 unLimited !:p :D

silviapalara 20-03-2003 09:23 PM

Really? I have no idea, I don't have the Flud Effects, so that is a huge compliment! Thank you!