Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   polyCylinder1 node missing??? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33750)

Dr.Polygon 12-02-2010 05:23 PM

polyCylinder1 node missing???

When I make a new cylinder, and view the attributes via the attribute Editor, the polyCylinder1 tab is missing. I've tried the "show" button and it isn't listed as an option under the "show" menu.

Where did it go??? How do I get it back?

Thanks,
jk

daverave 12-02-2010 05:41 PM

Its one of the icons right hand top, hover over them and should come up attribute Editor.......dave

Dr.Polygon 12-02-2010 06:13 PM

Thanks dave, but I have the attribute editor open, the problem is I am missing the polyCylinder1 tab.

jsprogg 13-02-2010 07:10 AM

did you delete the history ? if you have then you cant get it back im afraid.

Dr.Polygon 15-02-2010 08:34 PM

No, I didn't delete the history. It is a new object. A brand new, unedited primitive object with no poly tab.

Chirone 16-02-2010 10:33 AM

do you have history turned on?

Dr.Polygon 16-02-2010 01:15 PM

Problem solved??? It must have been a glitch, because today, it works??? No idea why. Very strange.

Thanks everyone for your input. Maya was just *$%@ing with me again, I guess.

SpecialEd 24-10-2010 04:54 PM

That didn't help...

1 Attachment(s)
I am having the same problem, but with less luck... The problem is not with the file, but the settings. I started a project at school where the poly tab was there, I came back home and opened it on my computer and the poly tab was gone. I have tried restoring the default settings, and I made a quick glance over every dropdown menu hoping to find an unchecked box.

TrowAway12 26-05-2021 05:38 PM

Replying to this thread because i found it on Google, while researching the same problem. If someone like me stumbles here too, there is a solution.

What happens:
somehow maya locks default shading group node, this prevents material assignmnts and, by extension, creation of input nodes for poly primitives.

What you need to do:
Unlock default shading node
Mel command to unlock initialShadingGroup:
Quote:

lockNode -l false -lu false initialShadingGroup;
This problem is present up to Maya 2019, maybe even later.

rizedred 29-07-2021 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrowAway12 (Post 382556)
Replying to this thread because i found it on Google, while researching the same problem. If someone like me stumbles here too, there is a solution.

What happens:
somehow maya locks default shading group node, this prevents material assignmnts and, by extension, creation of input nodes for poly primitives.

What you need to do:
Unlock default shading node
Mel command to unlock initialShadingGroup:

This problem is present up to Maya 2019, maybe even later.

Thank you so much, it solved the problem