Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Second Model Ever (car) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16678)

MattTheMan 12-05-2005 11:33 PM

Second Model Ever (car)

1 Attachment(s)
This is my second model that I ever tried to make in maya.
I am modeling a subaru imprezza WRX rally car using NURBS.
Heres what I got after the first couple of minutes

alienscience 13-05-2005 12:19 AM

Hey, matt. Just a suggestion, but if you dont like the waterprint on the renders, then why not use the ALT=>Print SCR and then paste while looking at maya interface. Just a suggestion, but also great work on only your SECOND model.

DJbLAZER 13-05-2005 10:41 AM

And please crop the images.

MattTheMan 13-05-2005 08:12 PM

THanks yall!
Problem is, that the waterprint crap shows up in shaded and textured modes too...
Bleagh!
Hey some background info on me:
im only bout 13-14.
Would getting the full version of maya 6.5 be worth it for me? Its no career thing.. duh...
i am considering a career in animation and CAD for the future but for now...
Im just a hobbyist.
(but in case u know, im not a nerd, i play almost all of the sports my school offers and am good at them and odnt wear glasses or go *SNORT*) j/k lol
but, seriously, should I consider getting Maya 6.5 full v?
Thanks for C&C.
Ill keep yall posted

,Matt

alienscience 13-05-2005 08:52 PM

Hey matt, why dont you except emails?

MattTheMan 13-05-2005 09:21 PM

Bcuz i dont have an adress that works now...
sorry...

MattTheMan 13-05-2005 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, I was distracted by something but was inspired to do this. Heres a render of it finished. C&C for a noob render please.

MattTheMan 13-05-2005 11:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol, I can't keep my mind on one project, sorry, heres what my wandering mind produced out of nothing

>Kyle "Oh My God! That pink monster killed Kenny!"
>Stan "Yeah, its a bastard."

MattTheMan 14-05-2005 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres an update on my car

MattTheMan 14-05-2005 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Update

MattTheMan 14-05-2005 12:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last post of tonight

alienscience 14-05-2005 12:56 AM

WOW, you just keep spitting out stuff left and right. Shows how much you work. I kinda liked the extra stuff, looking at a humorous and progress point of view (otherwise the first one made me want to throw-up). But just let me know when you have your e-mail up and running, ok?

MattTheMan 14-05-2005 12:25 PM

Alright.
Ill tell you, and I should be able to get it up and running this weekend and i'll PM it to you. I don't like to publicly post anything as personal as that.
I prolly won't work AS much today, but youll be shown my progreses... as I progress. lol
Anyway, if I have a short thingy to post in between i will, but I will TRY to stick with the car as long as i can.

Also to all of ya'll (im southern), i have no clue why you don't like NURBS. That is the only way to go for inorgranic modeling. Like a car. I have no clue how you do it wth polys except patchmodeling and that crap is HARD!!!!!! Anyways, i think that we should keep NURBS going because if most ppl stop using it then in like maya 8 or 9 somewhere in 5-10 years there will be no more nurbs modeling. Then again, i bet in maya 9 you will have little things that go into your brain and whatever you imagine will come up on the screen (shhh dont tell anybody), but still you should help keep up NURBS modeling or at least surface modeling.... its the only way i can do stuff... and should b the only way you can do stuff too!

,Matt

MattTheMan 14-05-2005 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the first update on my car of this morning
C&C for so far please

MattTheMan 14-05-2005 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another interference
(i erased some of watermark, but not all of it so it is still legal. i dont want any trouble with the law.)