Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New 3D World (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7421)

doodle 12-08-2003 07:53 PM

New 3D World

Just to let you guys know that the new 3d world mag is out about they have a 3 part video tutorial showing you how to make a meteor crashing into the sea using Maya Fluid Dymanics.

There also a cool feature about exposing yourself [....in the 3d industery] and some info about the making of T3.

[icarus_uk] 12-08-2003 09:59 PM

a cool feature about exposing yourself (....in the 3d industery)

Darn, if only that last part wast there. :)

LauriePriest 13-08-2003 11:38 PM

hmm i should get it subscribed by now.. ill get it on the weekend.. that sounds very cool stuff though.. good issue

genius995 14-08-2003 08:31 AM

Anyone got a link to a website about this mag?
Sounds like it's worth reading... and would this also be available in Holland?

Nem 14-08-2003 02:37 PM

www.3dworldmag.com

genius995 14-08-2003 03:00 PM

Cool mate :) Thanks...

55GBP ... hmmm that's about... €80 a year.
May be worth it :)

3djoe 15-08-2003 12:10 AM

I have had a subscription since issue 10 and let me tell you it is definatly worth the money.

In the US it breaks down to $120 - $140 a year.

www.3dworldmag.com

dragonfx 15-08-2003 09:07 AM

Re: New 3D World

Quote:

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
they have a 3 part video tutorial showing you how to make a meteor crashing into the sea using Maya Fluid Dymanics.

Its worthy what comes in the CD? i was looking at it yesterday (last number, reserved for another guy) and only saw a photo and a tiny "we used fluid effects" paragraph... not much written explanation on the tut...
(i can have another in two days, but the lack of written tutorial and it costing 13€... before i must know if its worthy...)

3djoe 15-08-2003 11:01 AM

Yes I think it is worthy on the cd this month is 3 fluid effects vids
+ 2 others I havent looked at yet. You also get some royalty free textures and models alot. Last month there were about 50 textures. And sometimes you get free programs.

Like truespace 3.
Poser 3
worldbuilder.

ley may be older but worth playing with.

Another mag that is ok is Digit.
last month it came with particalillusion2.

doodle 25-08-2003 03:14 AM

Re: Re: New 3D World

Quote:

Originally posted by dragonfx
Its worthy what comes in the CD? i was looking at it yesterday (last number, reserved for another guy) and only saw a photo and a tiny "we used fluid effects" paragraph... not much written explanation on the tut...
(i can have another in two days, but the lack of written tutorial and it costing 13€... before i must know if its worthy...)

Why would you need it to be written as well if it's all in video?

Witchy 25-08-2003 02:31 PM

It's a rather good video actually. I am planning to have a go at it as it seemed easy to follow. The probably don't write much about it in the magazine as they want the space for things not on the cds. It has some interesting articles and things most months, I have been buying it for a few issues now. I find the textures they often give away very useful too.