Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SimplyMaya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Apache Tutorial Maya File (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33658)

kooltrader 25-01-2010 01:37 PM

Apache Tutorial Maya File

Hi,

I recently bought the Apache Tutorial set (modelling, texturing and animation package) and was wondering if possible to get the maya file of the complete modelled apache as i bought the set primarily for the animation side with me eventually starting to model and complete the project, but looking at the files after extracting everything there is no maya files, so am i expected to model the apache from 33 tutorials before i can even start the animation side?

thanks
kooltrader

Nilla 25-01-2010 02:17 PM

Hi kooltrader,

The Apache tutorial never included the model itself which is mentioned on the separate animation page but not for the bundle.
I will try to get in touch with the instructor who made it, and ask him if he still has the scene files and wants to release them so that you can move straight on to the animation part.

Nilla

kooltrader 25-01-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Miss_Nova
Hi kooltrader,

The Apache tutorial never included the model itself which is mentioned on the separate animation page but not for the bundle.
I will try to get in touch with the instructor who made it, and ask him if he still has the scene files and wants to release them so that you can move straight on to the animation part.

Nilla

Thanks alot :) fingers crossed he does release it as it will help me out so much with my work

kooltrader 14-03-2010 09:01 PM

I'm guessing that the Maya file was not obtained or sourced from the creator :(, I'm very disappointed to not be able to skip to the animation section and to be honest has put me off from buying any more tutorials or suggesting this website to my workplace with the lack of support.

Such as shame as i was looking forward to using this as a massive resource for learning.

Regards
kooltrader

Nilla 16-03-2010 12:25 AM

I'm sorry for not getting back to you, to be honest it slipped my mind as I didn't hear anything more from you. I did try to get in contact with the instructor but he's changed his e-mail address since the tutorial was made so I've been unable to ask him about the model. My guess would be that he initially wouldn't have wanted to release the scene file as instructors when they create something as complicated as an apache model usually don't. But I thought that I would give it a shot and ask him anyway since it would help you out.
We include the models for our animation tutorials, this one was an exception and therefore it was specifically mentioned on the separate animation page for this tutorial that the model was not included. As you got the bundle which is 26 hours long mainly covering the creation of an apache helicopter, the animation part was only four hours long, I would have thought that if you bought this you'd be interested in following through with the whole project.

There are plenty of fully textured apache modes available for sale, the prices of these are in general a lot higher than the $49 we sell the tutorial for as it's a complicated model and we would therefore expect people to create their own for a project like this sold at such a low price. If you do a google search for "free maya apache models" or "free maya helicopter models" you will find a few that could be used for this project if you're interested in learning the animation only. There are a lot of good sites out there which provide free models.

Again my apologies for not getting back to you straight away. I'm also sad to hear that you feel that way about the site and I wish you the best of luck with learning Maya in the future.