Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   European Adventure "La Adventura" (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33095)

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 10:54 AM

European Adventure "La Adventura"

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys

Well for the next week and a bit I have some time off so I thought I would do some modelling, then saw that there was a new comp on and thought I would give it a try. This is my first time doing any type of comp and Im very new to Maya and Cg so here goes !!! :)

Name: "La Adventura"
Nationality: Unknown
Time Period: 1942-1943

Story:

During the German Occupation of Poland and France at a time when the wealth of the Jewish masses was being redistributed among the German high command, a rogue thief known as "La Adventura" wages a campaign of his own against the axis forces, stealing back priceless antiquities from all across Europe.

Character and Setting Inspiration:
1. Godfather part 2 "Young Vito Corleone" Clothing Style and Ivy cap

2. Shindlers List "Theft of Jewish Wealth"

3. The Saboteur "Concept art"

Ok so with any luck I hope to incorporate these 3 themes into my work.

Concept art

honestdom 24-09-2009 11:23 AM

cool, good luck man.

the story is pretty cool, i like the whole anti-hero type thing. i look forward to your progress.

i'm glad this comp is picking up some pace, I'd encourage anyone to enter no matter what their experience. Its really handy to have someone else set a deadline and a project with guidelines. It gives you motivation to finish. All too often i begin something and then start something else... and then something else :P

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 11:52 AM

Here is the last 3 days work !!!

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the last 3 days work !!! love being on Holidays :)!!

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Body Attach to Head

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Body and Head is coming Along now!

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Basically, this is where I'm at now after the last 3 days work. Next will be more tweaking and creating the clothes.
Crits are always welcome....ohhh I have one question!! With this model I was having real trouble with the hands so I used a hand a made about 6 months ago in a tutorial is that allowed or must you model all parts of the model from scratch ??

honestdom 24-09-2009 01:34 PM

it doesn't bother me... if i'm allowed to use old assets too :P

can we see a wireframe? its a great start... i'm jealous of your time off!

honestdom 24-09-2009 02:30 PM

btw, i'd say the face look quite square to me.

tweetytunes 24-09-2009 06:42 PM

I like it apart from the noise - hands are a bitch

thatsmybrand 24-09-2009 11:19 PM

Thanks for the feed back guys!

1. Whats your advice for the nose tweety is it a proportion problem or do you think the shape is off??

2. Yeah I agree hammer have been tweaking around with trying to round of the head of more for a little while now... any advice on where i need to direct my attention???

All your help is appreciated guys :)!!!

CGWolfgang 25-09-2009 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the challenge your stuff looks great!

I'm still new to organic modeling but here's my advice on the squareishness. It looks like the cheek is flat on the side as it leads to the front of the head. Maybe try rounding out the side of the cheeks. I imagine this will round out his head without getting rid of his Heroic/Adventurer jawline and marring his rougishly good looks: ;) I've included a picture of the area I thought might help.

Hope this helps!

tweetytunes 25-09-2009 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by thatsmybrand
1. Whats your advice for the nose tweety is it a proportion problem or do you think the shape is off??

Mostly I think its the tip as a whole - the bridge of the noise looks fine but the tip looks like its been flattened and then the nostrils look like they are too high and forward.
(Pt1 of draw over)

I also think it is not long enough it should be just past the bottom of the ear (see white pic). With that I think it will improve the area over the lip as that looks too long (part 2)

As I said aprt from that its looking good - hope that helps

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/...ages/heads.jpg

thatsmybrand 27-09-2009 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I Have worked on tweaking a few of those things that you guys helped out with please let me know what you think???

I fixed the distance between lip and nose and rounded off the face as much as I could while trying to maintain his strong square Jaw line by bringing out his cheeks and Jaw just a touch.

Here it is...

thatsmybrand 27-09-2009 02:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Others