Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   microphone render (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33852)

banksta 05-03-2010 02:51 PM

microphone render

My render of microphone was accepted into cgsociety gallery.

For me that is a huge accomplishment because it means my dedication to learning 3d the past 5 years is paying off.

here is a link.

and any comments are welcome.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...f=132&t=860264

Mayaniac 05-03-2010 03:34 PM

Cool stuff man, congrats!

ctbram 06-03-2010 02:50 AM

Looks really good George, congratulations.

banksta 06-03-2010 03:05 AM

thanks mayaniac and cybram.

bullet1968 07-03-2010 06:21 AM

That is uber cool banksta!!! Almost has a 70's look about it.

banksta 07-03-2010 12:47 PM

thanks bullet

ben hobden 07-03-2010 04:44 PM

Hi george.im fairly new to cg society, could you explain,do you have to submit your work somewhere particular to have it considered. I see the cg choice gallery on the homepage all the time,with the same images in it always,good images mind... Is it the same gallery you are referring too? Ben H

banksta 07-03-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ben hobden
Hi george.im fairly new to cg society, could you explain,do you have to submit your work somewhere particular to have it considered. I see the cg choice gallery on the homepage all the time,with the same images in it always,good images mind... Is it the same gallery you are referring too? Ben H
Ben I think you have to become a member and make a portfolio. Also your artwork has to be considered good enough by the site administrators who will judge it and if they feel it is good they will allow it. it is not easy to get your work featured on there site, so good luck.

ben hobden 07-03-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by banksta
Ben I think you have to become a member and make a portfolio. Also your artwork has to be considered good enough by the site administrators who will judge it and if they feel it is good they will allow it. it is not easy to get your work featured on there site, so good luck.
yes. I am a paid up member and have a portfolio space set up.jst 3 images at the moment,soon to be a couple more if im lucky. What im wondering is, do the administrators jst pick at random from all the portfolios,or do you have to ask for it to be considered.?

banksta 07-03-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ben hobden
yes. I am a paid up member and have a portfolio space set up.jst 3 images at the moment,soon to be a couple more if im lucky. What im wondering is, do the administrators jst pick at random from all the portfolios,or do you have to ask for it to be considered.?
You have to submit the piece for consideration when You upload it. If you already have it uploaded re-do it and before you save check the area where it says submit for consideration in cgsociety gallery. Make sure you read the guidelines because they will reject it if they are not all followed.

Rhetoric Camel 07-03-2010 09:07 PM

pretty cool microphone.. makes me want to model my new microphone At2020usb. Congratulations on making into the gallery. :beer:

ben hobden 07-03-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by banksta
You have to submit the piece for consideration when You upload it. If you already have it uploaded re-do it and before you save check the area where it says submit for consideration in cgsociety gallery. Make sure you read the guidelines because they will reject it if they are not all followed.
Oh, ok. I remember there was a whole lot of options when I uploaded my images originally. And will do. One of my pieces on there I have since updated so will reload it at some point anyway. Thanks for that.

Ive seen your name about on here before, dont think our paths have crossed before though. Congratulations on getting accepted. That must feel pretty good.

banksta 07-03-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
pretty cool microphone.. makes me want to model my new microphone At2020usb. Congratulations on making into the gallery. :beer:
thanks rhetoric

murambi 10-03-2010 09:52 AM

your work is getting better bankstar i remember a couple of years back when i use to try and upload my work they constantly use to reject it

banksta 10-03-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by murambi
your work is getting better bankstar i remember a couple of years back when i use to try and upload my work they constantly use to reject it
Thanks Murambi.

the same use to happen to me. One reason is I use to rush my work back then, I actually unsterstand now how to add those extra details to my models now and how to texture and look at real world objects to see how they react with light which is the key. I also have incresead my knowledge of lighting and added mental ray in to my workflow. I use to be scared of mental ray because I didn't understand how it worked. When I learned when I needed GI and FG and how they actually worked things started clicking. I have to give the company that helped me learn production workflow credit for that, 3D MIRAGE.